Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
42 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But Good luck with that, they are almost impossible to change as the only way to get them is to change the arm rest. Dont try and force them off as they dont come off. They are not designed to come off.

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
No matter how it comes off there is one very basic concept here. WHEN you can purchase a part separately from LR... guess what, it can be replaced. If this simple knob were not meant to be replaced or was not trim specific then it would not be a separate item. If it were a part of the armrest assembly it would require separate part numbers for each level of trim in each interior colour and each grade of leather in those colours. Even LR is not that completely moronic.

Height knobs are a separate part number in microcat. They can be ordered separately. Thus they can be changed across trim levels.

Have I ever done so? oh heck no, I am not that retentive that a knob excites me. However if someone want to change from boring black to nicely ribbed for her pleasure, stainless trimmed.... go for it. If the old one does not twist or pull off if warmed up, then cut it off and you will immediately see how to press on the new one or spin it on.

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But Good luck with that, they are almost impossible to change as the only way to get them is to change the arm rest. Dont try and force them off as they dont come off. They are not designed to come off.

So is this the voice of experience and attempted upgrades or just a rumour you read somewhere? It makes a big difference in postings. If you have not done something first hand or don't have part number/tech manual info to back up your postings perhaps you should not discourage others from trying. If you are speaking from know-how or wisdom you need to post what and how you attempted what ever failed so other can learn from your mistakes and/or experience.

There are many things that would be discouraged by LR, it does not mean it CAN'T be done. As I just posted above, if an item has a separate part number it can be changed.... and is designed to be changed or is designed to be interchangeable across trim levels. If it were not designed to be changed it would be part of an overall assembly part number and not available separately.

· Registered
624 Posts
ships from china. ahhh, more high quality stuff from the land of billions....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.