RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I grabbed a few from the parts yard today...i'm going to string them together. Anyway I need to know how I can separate the green circle and metal tube away from the black abs plastic. i have two of them here in front of me, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. What am I missing?? :doh: :doh:

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
THey are two part and unscrew. The part that the lighter plugs into is inserted into the housing and then the sleeve on the back screws onto that to anchor it into place.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks toadie. i've actually unscrewed the ashtray housing that holds teh power adapter, and that's the part i'm trying to get out. the actual green part. there's a collar around, but no tabs to press in. i have a feeling someone else might need to have this bad boy out in front of them. i can't figure it out, but then again i'm a cotton-headed ninnymuggins...:)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So you are adding multiple OEM lighter sockets? I like the idea of using OEM part so that it looks factory but in this case I would go elsewhere. I always find the Rover OEM socket to be a little loose. It seems you often have to rotate or jack with the plug to get a good connection. Unless this is just the socket in my RR :think:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually that's a great point. Ill stick with my few aftermarket ones I ha e even tho they're orange.

G

·
0 Posts
NorCal RR said:
So you are adding multiple OEM lighter sockets? I like the idea of using OEM part so that it looks factory but in this case I would go elsewhere. I always find the Rover OEM socket to be a little loose. It seems you often have to rotate or jack with the plug to get a good connection. Unless this is just the socket in my RR :think:
Nothing wrong with any of my OEM ciggie lighters or power adapters. All solid and tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts