RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched extensively and found how to safely remove the door cards but I want to remove only the lower 'map pocket' door wood trim. Can they be removed without removing the door cards? If so how to? THnx

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Year? Model?

Please add your rig's info to your signature so we can provide accurate info.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. Signature finally located and edited. Let's hope it shows up on this post...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so I have now successfully replaced my Walnut door pocket trim with four new pieces to match my preferred Cherrywood dash trim. After completely removing one rear door card, (along with all the usual breakages that entails) I discovered that it is possible to replace the door pocket trim by simply pulling away only the bottom half of each door card so you do not need to remove the door handle pull nor any wiring looms.

Simply lie on the ground with the door open above you, hold the door card off the door edge and use a 10mm ratchet to undo the two nuts at either end of the trim panels. Now kneel behind the open door and carefully but very firmly pull the trim toward you away from the door pockets. These trim panels, like the dash panels, are real wood veneer molded over an aluminium casting so can take a fair bit of force without damage but BE VERY CAREFUL not to chip or scratch the leading edges of the wood trim you are removing if you plan to list and sell them to offset the purchase price of your new trim panels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts