RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i am swapping my airbag for a leather one. 2014 RR sport. Does anyone have instructions how to remove it from the wheel? I know you turn the steering wheel upside down and there is a hole back there and a clip that your supposed to press and it just pops out, but i tried and cant get it. There got to be a perfect angle/tool or something i am missing. Thanks!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,125 Posts
A local LR approved body shop did the swap for me. I bought the cover only from Europe on eBay and they did the swap. Did not feel comfortable messing with the airbag myself.

Try that route as well if you get stuck, may be cheaper just to change the cover instead of the whole airbag. I wouldn’t bother asking dealers they will say no.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
Dealers can not say yes due to liability and sue happy folks.

The removal tool is little more than a bent ice pick, hunk of wire hanger. Don;t have measurements for the hook but here is the concept by video. The guy is rather long winded because one you release the bag assembly the rest is obvious.

HINT: Once you turn off the ignition, go grab a cup of coffee. After you disconnect the battery, do the same. Then you will no issues with the air bag or any nav bits etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8HseFO_pEk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts