RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even thought I was very specific about removing it ,the dealer shipped my RR sport HSE with the dealer decal ,any idea how to remove it without affecting the paint ,also I want to replace the green LR emblem on the tailgate with black one ,any idea how to replace it .
please let me know asap coz I need to drive it and I can`t unless I fix those 2 things `)

Your help is grealty appreciated

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
shrek said:
Even thought I was very specific about removing it ,the dealer shipped my RR sport HSE with the dealer decal ,any idea how to remove it without affecting the paint ,also I want to replace the green LR emblem on the tailgate with black one ,any idea how to replace it .
please let me know asap coz I need to drive it and I can`t unless I fix those 2 things `)

Your help is grealty appreciated
Try using a hair dryer(on the sticker)

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
hair dryer to loosen the adhesive then dental floss under the LR emblem

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys ,just bear with me ,I am assuming I have to apply the hair dryer to the edge of the emblem,right ?
do you know for how many minutes ?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Just heat the entire emblem with the dryer (circular motion) for a couple of minutes. Then, get dental floss between the body and the emblem ( with both hands in a slow sawing motion) the adhesive holding the emblem should be soft now. Allowing you to "floss saw" the emblem away from the car body without damaging the paint.
As far as the slight residue left behind I have no idea how to remove, i'd probably try 3M adhesive remover.

Here's a visual http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHyKUda ... re=related.

You don't need to buy the KIA to practice it works in all cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Be careful with the hair dryer, especially if it's a high-wattage one. Better to start gradually - keep applying the heat until the adhesive loosens enough to slide the floss under the decal. If you have reside left over after the decal is off, try using the sticky side of the decal to remove the residue. Adhesive solvent is a last resort, and perhaps first try on a painted area in an unobtrusive area first to make sure it doesn't damage the paint.

Whatever you do, do NOT use a heat gun... it will melt your Rover (not to mention the paint)!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you guys so much ,it woked just perfect ...buying a kia was good idea to practice as it is buy one get one free in my town :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
avoid using the dental floss. it's cheap and will break often on you. use a thin high tested fishing line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts