RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience in removing the center dash leather trim? Is it a difficult job? I know the vent can be removed via the tabs, does that get me access to whet is needed to remove that piece alone, or is it more complicated than that? Pic attached. It is the white leather piece.

Thanks,

Shannon

IMG_2829.JPG

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You have to remove the HVAC control lower instrument panel cluster just above the floor console The are just 4 clips that hold that in the dash, should pull straight out. Your suppossed to remove the instrument panel lower section (the part between the steering wheel and dash under the instrument panel) which is a ton of work. I think that panel traps the side of the center dash HVAC panel up against the instrument carrier. Then there are just 6 clips that hold that center HVAC vent panel in. The panel will come loose from the dash and then you need to disconnect 5 electrical connectors and the temperature blend door control cable and it will come away. Service manual says to make the SRS system safe, and disconnect the Battery ground cable before attempting to remove any of these panels.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to remove the HVAC control lower instrument panel cluster just above the floor console The are just 4 clips that hold that in the dash, should pull straight out. Your suppossed to remove the instrument panel lower section (the part between the steering wheel and dash under the instrument panel) which is a ton of work. I think that panel traps the side of the center dash HVAC panel up against the instrument carrier. Then there are just 6 clips that hold that center HVAC vent panel in. The panel will come loose from the dash and then you need to disconnect 5 electrical connectors and the temperature blend door control cable and it will come away. Service manual says to make the SRS system safe, and disconnect the Battery ground cable before attempting to remove any of these panels.
Thank you Sir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts