RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew where the aerial lead is located on a 99 Range Rover S. I am having problems with the notorious battery drain issue and I heard this was a common fix. If you have any advice, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's embedded in the right rear side glass.

The receiver is under the package shelf near the rear seat latch button.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The receiver is under the package shelf near the rear seat latch button.[/quote]

It's the blue wire.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I recently did this and wish i took pictures :doh: . I had a heck of time finding info on how to do it too.

In the boot on the right hand (passenger) side of the vehicle, you will need to remove this top plastic cover. You will also need to fold the seat down to do this, and it makes it easier. I think there are either 2 screws or just one, can't remember, as well as those stupid plastic push bolts (or w/e they're called) that take a flat head screwdriver and some pliers to remove. Once inside, just disconnect the portion that goes UP, or to where an antenna would be. You can disconnect the entire unit, but then your remote won't work at all. At least with the antenna disconnected, you can still use it at a short range.

For encouragement, this made a HUGE difference in my battery drain problem. Although, the problem is still present, I can atleast leave the rover for a week and not worry, vs. ONE DAY!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts