Range Rovers Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yes pull the capacitor wire in the trunk. No I’m not explaining it. Read all 7 pages of this thread.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes pull the capacitor wire in the trunk. No I’m not explaining it. Read all 7 pages of this thread.
I actually did read all 7 pages of it and could not find anybody with newer than MY 2017 car, that’s why I asked. Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hey @aeggroup, try removing the passenger side panel in the trunk. It's just held by clips and comes off no problem. If you push forward the rear seats a little bit, you'll be able to grab the panel where it meets the seats to pull. Pull hard, it will pop out. From there, just start pulling from the top. Once you look inside see if the plugs look like the ones on this post. If they do, follow those instructions and disconnect the top plug. FYI, I just did mine and had to use a screwdriver to push down the tab in the center while I used pliers to pull it out.

Please post here what you find! As you said, there's no info on MY 2018+, so you'll have the honor to be the educator :cool:

Jose

Reactions: aeggroup

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover / 2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder / 2019 BMW X5
367 Posts
Has anyone successfully disabled the auto start stop in a 2020 Range Rover ? Not concerned about the seat belt chime, just the auto stop start

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone successfully disabled the auto start stop in a 2020 Range Rover ? Not concerned about the seat belt chime, just the auto stop start
According to Mark1107 - yes, but we have to read all 7 pages of this thread :)
I will try to do it on MY2019 over the weekend and let you know results.

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover / 2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder / 2019 BMW X5
367 Posts
According to Mark1107 - yes, but we have to read all 7 pages of this thread :)
I will try to do it on MY2019 over the weekend and let you know results.
That would be awesome! I would love to disconnect it but don’t want other “side effects” as some have reported here

·
Registered
153 Posts
That would be awesome! I would love to disconnect it but don’t want other “side effects” as some have reported here
Ok. So It's done. The whole procedure is actually very simple. The hardest part was to take off the trunk panel. The rest is easy. Disconnect the part that I highlighted in the second picture. Then I secured it. Start / Stop feature is off. I drove about 30 min after in stop and go traffic and the engine was always on. Now I got the second issue - my wife wants this feature back asap, because she used to it and she thinks it is a big part of her luxury experience...oh boy. Trouble came from nowhere :) I'm still fighting, but she is the primary driver on that car...
Below are the pictures :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Reactions: aeggroup
121 - 129 of 129 Posts