RangeRovers.net Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,

Just a heads up - I took out the negative lead to my secondary battery in my 2016 L405 and my heated seats and heated steering wheel stopped working. Wasn't sure why they stopped working originally until I took it to the LR dealership. By then my secondary battery had died since it was left unplugged for so long but luckily I was able to revive it. I'll try out Ray's method of the taking out the connector instead to see if that prevents this issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just did this procedure about 5 days ago to disable warning for Seat Belts. Start/Stop feature is off since that time. Try it :

!. Turn on ignition.
2. Buckle and unbuckle driver seat belt 9 times.
3, 9th time you'll hear short beep.
3. Turn off ignition.

After this has been done - no seat belt warning and no engine shut off on any stops.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just did this procedure about 5 days ago to disable warning for Seat Belts. Start/Stop feature is off since that time. Try it :

!. Turn on ignition.
3. Turn off ignition.

After this has been done - no seat belt warning and no engine shut off on any stops.
whoa...nice. Didn't know there was a trick to turn off the seatbelt chimes. Do the process again to revert?

Somehow my shut off at stops is disabled...even with the eco light on. Previous owner must have turned it off or something....Unless secondary battery is dead and I don't know it

·
Registered
87 Posts
whoa...nice. Didn't know there was a trick to turn off the seatbelt chimes. Do the process again to revert?
I have no idea if revert will work and honestly have no interest of doing it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts

!. Turn on ignition.
3. Turn off ignition.

Tried this and the seatbelt chime went off, but start/stop is still on...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tried this and the seatbelt chime went off, but start/stop is still on...
I have 2016 model. Not sure if it's related, but my Start/Stop is off even though the light is still on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have a 2016 Range Rover TD6 as well (with black package too ;) ). Hm interesting. Very cool that it worked for you.

When you unplug the secondary battery the light is off automatically and it shows that its off on the dashboard . Looks like you bypassed it somehow without the car noticing. Nice!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts