RangeRovers.net Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
At least the restart on the Rover is reasonably quiet.

I was alongside a Lambo the other day in city traffic and every time he crept forward a few inches BWOOOAR!!!!!!

Poor guy.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
LMAO! Yes that is a brilliantly safe solution instead pushing a button on the dash. :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
I disable seat belt alarm on my RR 2017, and the start-stop system doesnt work any more (but I do have to drive without seat belt fasten).
LMAO! Yes that is a brilliantly safe solution instead pushing a button on the dash. :lol:
Considering his location, it may actually be safer for him without a seat belt!!
Beautiful RC30 though, unless it's a 45?

·
Registered
2020 RR P525 HSE
14 Posts
In the older days you removed the Little battery. In recent days you just unplug the connector and poof it’s done (search this forum for instructions, (It’s oh so simple)).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Threads on start/stop always crack me up. The OP says he doesn't want and would like to disable. Everyone jumps in with why start stop is a good thing or offers the pearl of wisdom that it can be disabled by pressing a button. It's that way with every brand.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
83 Posts
Long Time Lurker figure I would help out my fellow RR enthusiasts.

My issues with Stop Start are many, so I decided to disable the system.

To permanently disable the Intelligent stop start.
Simply remove the right rear interior trim panel in the luggage area, where the fuse panel is located. You just have to reach under and grab the handle and give it a good tug.
Inside you will see a small battery. Simply disconnect the negative lead off the battery. Once the lead is removed. tape it up with electrical tap so there is no chance of an electrical short and tie it so it won't move around. I just used zip ties.

replace the trim cover and enjoy.

No fault codes, no displayed error messages and most importantly NO MORE Intelligent Stop Start

I couldn't find anyone who had done this on a land rover, but it is a very common fix on the Jag's with the same system. I decided to try it and sure enough it works.

Hope this helps those of you were as displeased as me with the system.
Just purchased a 2017 an upgrade from my 2010 RRS. The auto stop start does not work and I assume it has been disabled. I'd like to turn it back on at least tempoarialy but I'm not sure how to access the fuse panel. Can I get specific instructions or a video to open the panel. I don't want to break my new ride. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The picture that I posted has a blue arrow pointing to the plug that you need to disconnect to disable the start/stop feature.
Thanks for posting the picture and identifying the connector to remove. Where can I find that connector? Thanks in advance. 16 RRSC

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
331 Posts
Thanks for posting the picture and identifying the connector to remove. Where can I find that connector? Thanks in advance. 16 RRSC
I asked W84it the same question via PM. He said,' Yes, that photo that I posted is from my 2016 L405...just pull right side panel out in the cargo area and you will see it. '

Im gonna try it tomorrow. Oh how great it will be.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Update, couldnt wait until morning. Unplug the above connector and went for a drive. Its off....no bells, or warnings on the dash, just off. To test it, I hit the button on the center console and I briefly got a message on the dash that said 'Auto on/off not available'.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update, couldnt wait until morning. Unplug the above connector and went for a drive. Its off....no bells, or warnings on the dash, just off. To test it, I hit the button on the center console and I briefly got a message on the dash that said 'Auto on/off not available'.
Thanks for the update! I can't wait to try this!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for the update! I can't wait to try this!
There are 4? clips along the top edge. Give it a good tug and it should come out. Take a butter knife with you to 'wedge' back the connector with one hand while pressing down the release tab on the top of the clip. I couldnt get leverage on the connector until i used a flat edge to pull it towards me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only a hybrid would have beneficial autostop feature where there is an electric AC compressor and back-up hybrid battery to power the system while in autostop. My GLK 350 has the same system and in really hot weather, the A/C is just not capable of keeping it cool.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Long Time Lurker figure I would help out my fellow RR enthusiasts.

My issues with Stop Start are many, so I decided to disable the system.

To permanently disable the Intelligent stop start.
Simply remove the right rear interior trim panel in the luggage area, where the fuse panel is located. You just have to reach under and grab the handle and give it a good tug.
Inside you will see a small battery. Simply disconnect the negative lead off the battery. Once the lead is removed. tape it up with electrical tap so there is no chance of an electrical short and tie it so it won't move around. I just used zip ties.

replace the trim cover and enjoy.

No fault codes, no displayed error messages and most importantly NO MORE Intelligent Stop Start

I couldn't find anyone who had done this on a land rover, but it is a very common fix on the Jag's with the same system. I decided to try it and sure enough it works.

Hope this helps those of you were as displeased as me with the system.
As a 1st Generation 2013 Hybrid LR405 HEV I stopped using the stop start function when it got through 2 x starter motors in 14 months. Great tip above though - I might just do that to switch it off permanently. thanks.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a shot in the dark here ... I know Eco start/stop has many threads in the Range Rover and Jaguar forums, what I am finding is the permanent disable solution mentioned in post #86 above seems to work up until about 2017, but I cannot find a solution for more current models. I updated my 2016 Sport to a 2020 Range Rover P400 Mild Hybrid and I do not see the module in post #86. I have attached a picture of the fuse panel area for my 2020. If anyone has found a fix for this in a 2020, please post results.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts