RangeRovers.net Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Then pull it and report back with your findings. Perhaps there is now an easier way then what we have been doing.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
and if so, did you pull it to see if this disables the system?

OneStepAhead, have you pulled yours yet?

·
Registered
275 Posts
No i have not, but only because I do not see a fuse box under the hood and i haven't had the time to look it up where it is on topix yet. Once I locate it il give it a go.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Pulling the Intellegent start/stop fuse (F15) in the engine compartment does not work. The car will not start at all with that fuse pulled.

My comceen will unhooking the backup battery is, are we positive nothing else uses that backup battery except start/stop?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
show us pictures. i did it this summer and wanted all details to make sure i did the right thing. it works and is the best thing i have done

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
show us pictures. i did it this summer and wanted all details to make sure i did the right thing. it works and is the best thing i have done
Pics of what? If you did "it" this summer you already know where the battery is and how to disconnect it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
looks like the 2016 RRS now has the exact same setup as the RR. So for the time being you will have to get used to pressing the button.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am used to it by now. I do ocassionaly forget to disable it and when I do forget I just let it rock oh well lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was planning to disconnect it but when I picked up the 2016 RR this past November, I realized the sys config was changed. Most of the time I remember to turn it off and when I forget, I just turn it off when I hit a traffic light. Learned to do the same thing when I drive my wife's Benz. You do get used to it.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Interesting tidbit from another thread.

There is one very interesting fact that caught my attention. The ECO system timer (via the interface) shows the ECO system turned the engine off for a grand total of 4 hours cumulatively over the past six months (and 6k miles). If I assume a conservative fuel use rate of ~0.5gal/hr for an idling engine, that means I saved approximately 2 gallons and maybe $7 by using the ECO feature for 6 months. Compared to my total fuel costs for the past 6 months which were ~$1100, the ECO system saved me 0.6%.
Any updates how to disable this on a 2016?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fantastic solution my friend - just works. The people who posted in this feature's defense must never use reverse. Every single time I move from drive to reverse the engine cuts - annoying and potentially dangerous. I agree that at junctions the auto cut can be controlled by deftly applying the brake but in boots and off-road this is neither easy nor always desirable. I'm now very happy that I can drive my car without getting annoyed by this poorly implemented feature.
Now I only need to find a way to defeat the dangerous adaptive cruise control and in the absence of a sense of betrayal by JLR I can start enjoying what is actually a phenomenal car.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
So there is no way to disable this on the new models? i have a new range sport coming and hate this feature

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Nope and no need for duplicate postings especially in the wrong model forum...

61 - 80 of 99 Posts