RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Auto Start/Stop Function

The very first thing upon bringing my 2015 LWB SC home following its purchase was to permanently disable this relentlessly aggravating system. My thanks to the original poster for his most helpful information.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Finally got around to doing this on the new truck.

Now to de-program myself from the enslavement of button pushing every time I start her up.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Long Time Lurker figure I would help out my fellow RR enthusiasts.

My issues with Stop Start are many, so I decided to disable the system.

To permanently disable the Intelligent stop start.
Simply remove the right rear interior trim panel in the luggage area, where the fuse panel is located. You just have to reach under and grab the handle and give it a good tug.
Inside you will see a small battery. Simply disconnect the negative lead off the battery. Once the lead is removed. tape it up with electrical tap so there is no chance of an electrical short and tie it so it won't move around. I just used zip ties.

replace the trim cover and enjoy.

No fault codes, no displayed error messages and most importantly NO MORE Intelligent Stop Start

I couldn't find anyone who had done this on a land rover, but it is a very common fix on the Jag's with the same system. I decided to try it and sure enough it works.

Hope this helps those of you were as displeased as me with the system.
Can you please show a picture or pictures of the work. Just don't want to unplug the wrong thing

·
Administrator
27,841 Posts
Oh dear lourde... other than the picture already posted? ... right above your post?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just removed the negative, wrapped the end in electric tape, then used electric tape to tie it somewhere it wouldn't move, I also wrapped the negative terminal on the battery in electric tape jic.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
I just removed the negative, wrapped the end in electric tape, then used electric tape to tie it somewhere it wouldn't move, I also wrapped the negative terminal on the battery in electric tape jic.
So you didn't loosen the nut on the battery to remove it you just yanked the wire?

·
Registered
342 Posts
So you didn't loosen the nut on the battery to remove it you just yanked the wire?
You've got to loosen the nut that tightens the negative lead to the the battery in order to remove it, then wrap the end and tape it or zip the negative harness to something else.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Aren't you supposed to remove the positive (hot) and secure it both electrically and mount safely rather than the negative terminal?
Not advised Count... unless you want your chicken extra crispy.

You should disconnect either (a) the negative only or (b) both terminals.

It is typically recommended to disconnect the negative terminal because it is a somewhat safer procedure: If your wrench should accidentally contact the car chassis while doing so, it is no big deal, as the negative terminal is connected to the chassis, anyway. However, if you had the very same "oops" while disconnecting the positive terminal, it would be a short across the battery instead which could suddenly heat the wrench and cause a burn, or cause a battery explosion, or some other unpleasantness.

The reason for disconnecting the negative cable is that the negative post is at the same potential as the chassis and all metal parts of the car. It is that way because the designers use a negative ground, or return, and so the negative cable simply connects to the frame but disconnecting it will still open the circuit and so prevent any discharge of the battery.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Not advised Count... unless you want your chicken extra crispy.

You should disconnect either (a) the negative only or (b) both terminals.

It is typically recommended to disconnect the negative terminal because it is a somewhat safer procedure: If your wrench should accidentally contact the car chassis while doing so, it is no big deal, as the negative terminal is connected to the chassis, anyway. However, if you had the very same "oops" while disconnecting the positive terminal, it would be a short across the battery instead which could suddenly heat the wrench and cause a burn, or cause a battery explosion, or some other unpleasantness.

The reason for disconnecting the negative cable is that the negative post is at the same potential as the chassis and all metal parts of the car. It is that way because the designers use a negative ground, or return, and so the negative cable simply connects to the frame but disconnecting it will still open the circuit and so prevent any discharge of the battery.
I don't want to get crispy (haha), thanks for the breakdown procedure and reasoning. :)

·
Administrator
27,841 Posts
THe above instruction apply to all model years of L405 thus far. I don;t know what fuse you are talking about but i just disabled the system on a buddy's new rig yesterday using this method.

As far as the fuse you are referencing. What "it" are your talking about?

41 - 60 of 107 Posts