RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
915 Posts
I would think after a while that it becomes second nature to hit the button and forget.

It is like when I pull into my neighborhood or when I am going to be parking soon I hit "Up" button for raising the suspension.

Now if only there was a way to disable the daytime HEAD lights I would be happy.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
I would think after a while that it becomes second nature to hit the button and forget.
Yes, one would think, but it is my wife's truck and I drive it perhaps once or twice a week. Invariably I forget about the button at startup and am rudely reminded when I come to one of my first stops. I get frustrated and think "why is this $100,000+ car making angry again" and then press the button.

Funny ... I also automatically press the "lift" button when parking my daily drivers. Second nature for those.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I applaud the invention as it saves about 1/2 of a mile per gallon when I compared it in my cayenne. I'd also would love for Land Rover to override it semi permanently. I dislike waiting for my turn to catch a break in dense traffic only for the engine to hesitate just long enough for me to change my mind and hit the brakes again and wait for another turn for the traffic to let up. I've gotten use to letting my foot of the brake long enough for the engine to restart so it can run in idle so it will be more responsive when I do get the chance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is awesome. I just did it and it took less than 5 minutes and it worked. Hated the Stop/Start and now it is gone. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
33 Posts
Don't know if they change anything, but I have '15 and I can't get the rear panel off covering the fuse panel and I have yanked pretty hard. Any trick to this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would think if A/C would be on or if it was extreme hot the auto start/stop would not kick in.........I guess this works only on way when it was -20 thither day the auto stat/stop was deactivated by itsef

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I went out tonight and it was rather cold and Start\Stop never kicked in. But that said, this is software based system, why they couldn't just include it in the main menu so you can configure your default preference on\off or even have each programmed key\user have their own memory like the seats? It would be total choice for free without telling folks you can have any color car as long as its black....

·
SUPER MODERATOR
989 Posts
A little more customization would be great, they could even put one of those graphics as used on the Eco screen and show us how much we save or gain. So we'd know the savings lost when we set the car to wait an extra 3 seconds if speeds are below 10 miles an hour or some other combination of metrics to detect when reversing out of a parking spot and having the car turn off as you delay the shift from reverse to drive for half a second.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Brought my RR in for installation of my roof rails. While waiting and chatting with the saleman, I mentioned my dislike of the start-stop feature. He contacted the service dept and instructed them to disconnect it for me. Now when I am at my first stop light, my hand instinctively goes to the button to push to disable. Haha. It's taking some use now to get used to.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
29 Posts
I hate the start stop feature and I will definitely try to disconnect it based on this tip. Thank you so much for posting it.

On a related note, last night I forgot to push the button and the car turned off at a red light. When the light turned green I quickly attempted to accelerate and my new Range Rover would not get any power and only went about 5 mph the matter what I tried to do. I came to a complete stop and then try to accelerate again and it didn't work. Now I was in the middle of an intersection. I tried putting it in park and then starting again and it still have no power. I slowly brought it off to the side of the road, turn the car off completely and restarted it and then the car accelerated fine. When I contacted my service department today they said that they have had several others complain about this problem with the V6 and it is something with the supercharger not engaging. They said there has been no service bulletin on this yet but if there is I will be notified. In the meantime I thought this was quite a dangerous situation and I was pretty ticked off about it. Also in the winter I hate that the car stops and I lose the heat. This start stop feature is completely stupid in my opinion and I would do anything to permanently disable it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I stopped at a sign, car engine stopped, somehow my hand hit the tailgate switch(while scratching my knee) and it opened. Didn't hit the car behind, but what an embarrassment! Kind of an unsafe feature. Of course, I shouldn't have hit the button, but it did happen. Could have caused damage. What if I were in a low paking garage waiting behind someone? I think I'll disable the start stop fxn. Shouldn't be able to open the tailgate in drive gear anyway.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
:razz: Stupid tailgate button. I was thinking of how I can create a cover for it. What a stupid place they put it!! First damage on my car.... tailgate. I have already applied touchup paint on it and will apply clear coat soon. I hit the stupid button so often with my knee getting into the car its ridiculous. Last time I was at gym I was getting out of the car hit it. I had backed into a spot by a wall. Tailgate went up then scrapped the wall and gammed itself in a crevice. I had to put the car in Neutral and roll it forward because I didnt want the suspension to move and cause more damage. I go around the back and nice silverish aluminum exposed along lower fold. I thought it was supposed to detect a collision and stop not jam itself so hard into a wall.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm in the camp to just push the button when I get in and not think about it. Though I do kind of wish they did what Porsche does and allow the car to remember whatever mode the car was in when shut off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Start/stop feature has nothing to do with it. I test opened it while stopped but engine running and engaged to D, and it opened, then I pressed button again to close. All cars that have power trunk feature does not operate unless you shift to neutral or park, but not this one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Auto Start/Stop Function

I know we have covered this topic before. I've had my 2015 ATB LWB since December. The auto start/stop function had driven me nutz in my 2014. And my dislike of this function continued with in my newest ride. As we know, if you wanted to disable, you always had to remember disable it when you started up initially. My BMW had this function but once you disabled it, it always stayed at this setting for subsequent startups. A good feature. Several months ago, RR service disconnected the function for me. As a follow up, I want to report, that for me, not having to deal with the start/stop function has been a real convenience. I also found this function a bit dangerous. And I can remember a few instances when I forgot to disable the function. And when stopped at traffic light; I had to maneuver quickly to avoid errant traffic. In this case, the hesitation for the engine to start when stopped was a bit too scary. Not sure if anyone else had the same experience. So, I am very pleased with the disconnect.

Also as a side note, I found the ride on my 2015 a bit more refined in driving, than my 2014. Specifically, the front suspension to me is noticeable better. I mentioned to my dealer, and he indicated that the front suspension had been improved in the 2015. I haven't had one issue in 5 months with my ATB. It's a joy. Don't miss my BMW M6.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts