RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to open a superlocked L322 door latch to open a locked door.

You will need a new latch before you commence as you need to damage the existing lock to get it open. The door card will need popping off (there are 4 screws, 1 under the airbag badge, 2 in the lower door pocket and one in the centre door pull), then you will need to remove the 3 torx screws in the airbag squib and leave it sitting behind the door card being careful not to disturb the wires too much and peel back the foam door weather liner.

I managed to purchase a new drivers side door latch from Beadles Sidcup Landrover for £74.40 after getting locked out of my 03 Vogue. There are instructions out there on how to burst the lock on a P38 but not much info on the L322.

The 2 pics below show the lock body with an arrow showing which part of the casing to remove (be aware that the new part doesn't come with the plastic shroud which would normally sit in front of the silver latch but it does have the plastic shroud shown beneath the arrow so you can smash this part off without problems. So if you can, just remove the end casing and then when the latch is out, then remove the front shroud and reuse on your new latch.

Once the end cover is off you need to LIFT the gold coloured latch which is alongside the striker end plate which you can see clearly alongside the screw holes in the end plate in pic 3 and the door will pop open.

Once the lock was changed (by removing the 3 end torx screws, I found the lock would not work off the fob, so I telephoned Beadles and spoke to the salesman who enquired with the workshop guys. I was told to put the door card back on with all connections then if you look at the door edge near the latch, there are 2 rubber grommets. If you close the striker with a screwdriver then remove the lower grommet just above the latch and loosen the screw a few turns (clockwise, left hand thread) then retighten, it should reset the lock. I followed the instruction and the lock then responded to the key fob.

I hope this helps as I couldn't find much to help.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Re: How to open a superlocked L322 door latch to open a locked door.

I found the lock would not work off the fob
This is interesting, in that I have a similiar problem. I changed mine out and not only will this lock not respond to the fob, but *none* will respond. The key in the driver door locks & unlocks all the locks. Likewise, the center lock button works perfect. The only problem happens with the fob.

Naturally, I checked Fuse 14 in the rear passenger compartment which is for the receiver. It was fine.

Anyone have an idea on this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Maybe the key needs a recode? Is there a procedure for this?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts

I just had the same issue with the rear driver side door on my 07 Range Rover HSE (US model). I have a couple of clarifications before I embark on your directions.
1) There are several posts that talk about banging the latch with a long screw driver from the window slit up top. Is that a better option than going through the inside door panel?
2) Will the entire door panel come off from the inside while the door is closed? If not, what all will so that I don not pull and push from inside
3) What is the part number of the latch that I need to remove?

Much thanks. Quite frustrating as this is the first time I have ever seen a car do this - specially one that costs this much.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Key fobs have to be programmed with a Range Rover programmer, anyone that works on a lot of range rovers or dealer can do this. But you must bring all keys you have for the vehicle, they will all be required or they will be locked out.
I have 3 keys and one plastic emergency one.
Each key is names internally (vehicles computer) key #1, key#2 and so on. Each key also remembers the Driver preference settings.(Seat position steering wheel position mirror positions)
When doors are unlocked it automatically adjusts to that keys settings.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts

Key fobs have to be programmed with a Range Rover programmer, anyone that works on a lot of range rovers or dealer can do this.
Once again this is erroneous information/incorrect use of terminology. The dealer CAN NOT program your keys. An independant CAN NOT program your keys. Keys at this point can only be programmed by LRNA/LRGB at time of purchase PRIOR to shipping to your dealer.

Dealers and indies can however SYNC your keys for you. If a key sync is what you are after then the information about needing all of your keys is correct.

Please people, do not confuse or interchange the terms program and sync. THey are two hugelly different items and lead to alot of peeved people when they are confused about what they read here, on eBay and other key sales listings.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Once again this is erroneous information/incorrect use of terminology. The dealer CAN NOT program your keys. An independant CAN NOT program your keys. Keys at this point can only be programmed by LRNA/LRGB at time of purchase PRIOR to shipping to your dealer.

Dealers and indies can however SYCH your keys for you. If a key sync is what you are after then the information about needing all of your keys is correct.

Please people, do not confuse or interchange the terms program and sync. THey are two hugelly different items and lead to alot of peeved people when they are confused about what they read here, on eBay and other key sales listings.
Ok I might of explained it incorrectly, he said he had keys and they weren't working correctly. I meant to say SYCH.
Thanks for correction.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
100 Posts

If you pull the fuse 24 and reset it the door opens with fob ! Happened to me a few times. Funny that the service tech at dealer taught me the trick !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts