RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an 07 Sex-Mobile with the original grey RANGE ROVER on the back bottom of the trunk and would like to swap it out for a black one which started I believe on the 09's. Is anyone else doing this? I believe I heard and wanted to do something like this in 08, but don't remember hearing anything back. Any chance?

Much appreciated.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: How to obtain a Black rear RANGE ROVER sign for the Sport??

I don't believe the Range Rover letters on the rear liftgate ever changed color since 2006... What they did change was the trim piece behind them (used to be gray plastic on 06-08, color matched to the car in 2009.)

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts

Does this trim peice fit an earlier RRS. DO you know if we need to buy this from a delear or are there folks thatlike jbrac selling this. Does this new trim peice include the letters or do we need to paste them on again? How does this peice come off?

Also, do the letters in from come in another color - black\dark grey? Detailed the vehicle yesterday and ran the buffer over the letters and damaged the finish on some parts of the letters.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts

Nooro said:
Hi, I have an 07 Sex-Mobile
Sadly, my truck is still a virgin.

I believe the letters and the trim piece are separate PN's. Call your dealer - they'll know.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

I had my 2006 trim piece painted at a local shop a few years ago, it still looks great. The letters are not included, and they are expensive! I damaged a few of mine with a garage door (don't ask, but one of the reasons why I got the trim painted, while I was at it...) and the body shop had to order the whole 10 letters, I think they were like 8 bucks each from the dealer. I believe they are only available in silver.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts

Thank you. I will get the silver letters I guess.

Getting the front grill , handles and vents painted shortly. Will have the rear molding painted too I guess. Since the vehicle is black - the other black molding\trim is not a big deal to me to leave as is.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

If you have some time, I am pretty sure you can find the letters cheaper than the dealer on eBay every now and then (right now I only see custom chrome letters listed.)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts

With all those magnet on the back, I bet your GPS thinks that your going backwards. Maybe that's not all bad!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts

gooseyloosey said:
umbertob said:
If you have some time, I am pretty sure you can find the letters cheaper than the dealer on eBay every now and then (right now I only see custom chrome letters listed.)
I used these...just remember to buy three sets to get all the R's you'll need.

http://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Letters-Set-Of-36/dp/B000GKW5MA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1256213895&sr=8-1

Only 1 small problem with those...the rear is made of plastic and the front is aluminum, so no magnets no sticky!!!

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts

PJPR01 said:
Only 1 small problem with those...the rear is made of plastic and the front is aluminum, so no magnets no sticky!!!
I've heard that all the high end installers are adhering these letter with bubblegum rather than the factory magnets.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts

Part Number for OEM sticky material: LRNR - Bubble gum - 001...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

PJPR01 said:

Part Number for OEM sticky material: LRNR - Bubble gum - 001...
Sugar-free I hope!

I used this "3M™ ESPE™ Adper™ Scotchbond™ Multi-Purpose Plus Dental Adhesive" to attach mine after realizing that the carwash must have knocked off the GE and R and I was driving around with the back saying RAN OVER. No problems since.

·
Registered
158 Posts

The lettering has to be purchased separately and they do not come in other colors from the factory. You can get them painted, however. I got a set of letters painted in factory Java Black from Revere London for my P38 Rover. They are pretty pricey, but top notch quality :thumb: - exact match to the body, and they came with the adhesive already applied in the template making install a breeze. I will post a link once I find it if anyone is interested. I believe they have an Ebay store. They might offer a few other color options, or you could just ask and I am sure they'd do a custom color.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts

Nice P38...digging the look there...

·
Registered
158 Posts

http://myworld.ebay.com/covertwiseguy/

These guys sell a lot of custom badges in black and some other colors. They work with Revere London from what I was told. I think I paid close to 80 pounds for the badges (a set of two) which is close to $70 per set in US dollars - pricey, but a figure not far off from the price you'd get for the standard letters from the dealer. In fact, it may be viewed as a deal condsidering you get a high quality custom paint job on OEM lettering. :thumb:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks for everyones input so there is no one like Jbrac selling this trunk piece with the black background and silver letters like what is found on 09 and future RRS's? Thanks everyone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts