RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is changing, I am going to start using the P-car as much as I can. I use a trickle charger for the P-car that mounts into the cigarette lighter. Will it also work on the RRS? Not sure if the outlet remains live for the purpose of charging after you lock the truck.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Now that the weather is changing, I am going to start using the P-car as much as I can. I use a trickle charger for the P-car that mounts into the cigarette lighter. Will it also work on the RRS? Not sure if the outlet remains live for the purpose of charging after you lock the truck.
Pretty sure I remember reading that the outlet power cuts out once the driver side door is opened. Personally, I like that feature so I never have to remove accessories from the outlets.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I would ask again - anyone know where/how to mount a trickle charger in the RRS?

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,560 Posts
If you don't mind popping the hood, there is a hot terminal for jumping or charging the battery on the passenger side of the compartment. You can use this for your alligator clip or a terminal can be attached semipermanently to this post and a connector used for your trickle charger accessable through the grille or wherever.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The accessory list shows a battery conditioner that appears to mount in one of the accessory outlets. While the Land Rover site appears to be busted in showing this (clicking on battery conditioner takes you to a rechargeable torch), I was able to find it on the following site:

http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=9230&category=380
Thanks. Looks similar to the one for my Porsche. I am guessing that the outlet I tried to use did not stay active for charging after a certain period of time. Will look for another connection point in the car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you don't mind popping the hood, there is a hot terminal for jumping or charging the battery on the passenger side of the compartment. You can use this for your alligator clip or a terminal can be attached semipermanently to this post and a connector used for your trickle charger accessable through the grille or wherever.
I have another battery tender with alligator clips. I will see if that one works. I'm guessing though that since we are staring at November, the RRS is not going to be sitting for very long. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts