RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive had my P38 the alarm has never gone off I cant set it off via the ultrasonic sensor because it is broken (new one arriving this week hopefully) is there any way I can manually set off the alarm to test if everything is still operational.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Single lock the door (one press) with the window open, leave it time to arm properly then stick your hand in the window and open the door.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool will give it a go! I always thought it would automatically disarm the alarm if opened from the inside

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked today it worked like a charm! Thanks! Atleast now i know everything else on the system is fine!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
My question is, can I shut the alarm off forever. The dealer has a key which can be purchased without the remote. I think that when you disable the alarm you loose the remote funtion as well. Can anyone offer insite for me PLEASE.

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Scotty said:
My question is, can I shut the alarm off forever. The dealer has a key which can be purchased without the remote. I think that when you disable the alarm you loose the remote funtion as well. Can anyone offer insite for me PLEASE.

Scotty
Yes, select Australian or Gulf market in BECM programming with a Testbook

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Thank you

Scotty

·
Registered
43 Posts
996TURBO said:
Scotty said:

Scotty
Yes, select Australian or Gulf market in BECM programming with a Testbook
I tried the window test and nothing happened!!? is it because my BeCM is programmed for the car not to panic?
996: what/where should be the Gulf Market?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Gulf market setting is in the BECM configuration via the Testbook or another Programming Hardware like Faultmate.
In France, it's a well known modification to avoid drain battery issues and security desynchronisation (alarm and immobilizer)
without replacing the Remote Receiver.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You can turn the alarm off without changing the country.

You can still use the keyfobs purely for the central locking without the alarm.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
I think so

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Rick-the-Pick said:
You can turn the alarm off without changing the country.

You can still use the keyfobs purely for the central locking without the alarm.
Hi Rick, in which section of testbook do you go? Security?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts