RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear wiper stopped working (the washer never did work) which many owners will recognise as a fairly common problem. Having bought in a new (genuine) motor and a new arm + blade I tackled the job yesterday. Only suffered one finger cut prising the tailgate panel out of its locator clips. The replacement took only 40 minutes to complete and the wiper is restored and for the first time in my ownership there is a functioning washer to. The cost of the parts were £270 from a LR authorised dealer via eBay which is rather a lot of money for a rear wiper motor and arm whichever way you look at it.

Having completed the task I decided to call the local LR Dealership and ask for a price to supply and fit the rear wiper parts and they gave me a price of £528. that made me feel a lot better about spending £270, just earned myself £258 for 40 minutes work. Result!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
134 Posts
I'm new here, I'm just contemplating making the plunge and buying an L322. I like the looks of that model run, better even then the current design. But back to your topic...

In my opinion only enthusiast will own these trucks now. Because you have to enjoy the Range Rover enough to wrench on it yourself, or budget a considerable amount to have a certified technician do it. I actually enjoy wrenching on cars, and get a lot of satisfaction from fixing things. I'm also confident I can fix most any of the problems that seem to come up with these trucks. If I didn't get a sense of satisfaction from doing my own repairs, or I didn't have decades of experience wrenching on cars, I probably wouldn't consider owning an L322.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
127 Posts
In my opinion only enthusiast will own these trucks now. Because you have to enjoy the Range Rover enough to wrench on it yourself...

I agree 100%. I own two L322s and we exclusively work on our own cars. I don't trust giving it to anyone, except when I have to (4-wheel alignment).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts