RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to keep the ignition on for a longer period of time in order to be able to do a map update for the navigation? (without the need to drive it around) I estimate it would take around half an hour.

Is there any trick because by default the car shuts down after a few minutes? (P400e)

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
88 Posts
I don't know if there is a way, but when I updated to the 2016 map I used a ctek power to prevent power drops and kept turning the ignition on every time it switched off. This does require you to monitor it all the time as it switches off every 5 minutes(I think?).

I updated to the 2018 last weekend but didn't dare do it like that this time round , as the instruction were very adamant regarding the procedure.. According to the instructions the car should be running while it's updating, so I went for a long drive first, then washed the car with the engine running. I took just almost 3 hours to complete..

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to update the maps to the latest version over the weekend. Even-though the car switched of two times during the process, the installation continued after each restart and completed successfully. It took about half an hour.

Nevertheless a clear procedure should come in handy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts