RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!! has anyone done this with a led ring (leds that are more spaced out) like the 2010 look, what size should ring be, I dont want to buy a ring that is too big! thanks
Yep there both the same size.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Now your pretty much done its time to clean everything and reinstall everything back together. I made sure everything under a bright light that there was no finger prints, dirt, plastic shavings anything at all the lenses looked like mirrors under the light. I had my headlight bezel painted zermatt Silver to match and put the clear side marker lense on which has a tab at the top and peel and stick the 3m tape on the bottom. Far as reinstalling everything else its just in the reverse order it all goes back on just like it came off. To get the lense and headlight housing back together I just placed them together and put them on my chest and pulled really tight sealing them back pretty simple.

Hey MPB, & thanks for this INTUITIVE info, as I am about to paint my bezels black; my question is, where did you find the clear side strips? I've search but to no avail so far. I did see another RRS (on YouTube) that had what appeared to be a DRL strip on place of where the side strip was; looks very nice, but I want to keep it simple & just change the 1 bulb with an LED & this clear strip like you have...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Looks like it's just light diffuser he cut to fit. Available at most any big box home improvement store.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great tutorial! Great help when installing my LED rings. Also painted the bezel black to match grill.

2014-05-11 16.05.08.jpg 2014-05-11 16.04.jpg

Sean

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sweet! I'm about to do the same with my bezel! Sean, where or what did you do to get that strip to replace the Orange reflector?..

I cut mine from a fluorescent light diffuser bought at my local hardware.. They even cut me a deal since the piece I picked had a crack..since I will only need two small pieces from it, I took it..

·
Registered
337 Posts
V'welllll!!! Thanks to the great group of ppl on here, I built up enough confidence to paint my bezels black! I'll post picks once I get her all cleaned up, because I also just recently got the GLOHH taillights, Chrome y'all pipes & chrome sport bumper trim; soon as I get her looking good I'll post! Thanks again to all of you here...

·
Registered
88 Posts
V'welllll!!! Thanks to the great group of ppl on here, I built up enough confidence to paint my bezels black! I'll post picks once I get her all cleaned up, because I also just recently got the GLOHH taillights, Chrome y'all pipes & chrome sport bumper trim; soon as I get her looking good I'll post! Thanks again to all of you here...

How is the quality on the Glohh lights? Heard that the indicator and reverse lights could be brighter?

Sean

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sweet! I'm about to do the same with my bezel! Sean, where or what did you do to get that strip to replace the Orange reflector?..

I actually got these off a mate in the UK that had them made especially for the job. I believe they were moulded copies of the original. Can try and find out more.

Sean

·
Registered
337 Posts
How is the quality on the Glohh lights? Heard that the indicator and reverse lights could be brighter?

Sean
I will agree that the reverse lights aren't as Bright as what we're used to with the factory lights, but the lights look farkin great!!! But in all honestly, that's the only thing I found myself saying, was that the reverse could be brighter; but like I say, I believe that's just because we're so used to the factory; it's only 2 LED's vs the big strip; all the other lights, including indicators, are fine to me though.. (I'm rambling now) but I have 2 Infinitis (old J30 & a M37x) & the I remember the 1st night I backed up into my garage with RRS, my thoughts were "dagggg these lights are Bright!!!" Just sayin that say that were MUCH brighter than what I was used too on my other cars...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I will agree that the reverse lights aren't as Bright as what we're used to with the factory lights, but the lights look farkin great!!! But in all honestly, that's the only thing I found myself saying, was that the reverse could be brighter; but like I say, I believe that's just because we're so used to the factory; it's only 2 LED's vs the big strip; all the other lights, including indicators, are fine to me though.. (I'm rambling now) but I have 2 Infinitis (old J30 & a M37x) & the I remember the 1st night I backed up into my garage with RRS, my thoughts were "dagggg these lights are Bright!!!" Just sayin that say that were MUCH brighter than what I was used too on my other cars...

Have you got any pictures? Or maybe a youtube video, always hard to catch how the light are when taking photos.

Sean

41 - 60 of 88 Posts