RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just finished doing mine, and used the method of going through the side panel of the center stack next to the radio. I cut a v shaped opening pointed directly at the screw in the side of the panel and pushed the heater duct all of the way down - without removing it. I had the HVAC controls and the radio removed, but realized later it wasn't necessary.

I used my Ryobi impact gun and an Irwin 90112 locking extension. This was just long enough so that my screw gun could lay on the passenger seat without pulling the screw out of the matrix. I used the space freed up by removing the glove box to slide the pipes back, clean off the connections and install the new O-Rings, then put it back in place, reversed the drill and screwed it back together.

Like everything else - its "Easy" now that I've done it.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The easiest method is pull out the hvac module, the radio and use a 16 inch number two philips screwdriver. take off the lower instrument panel, both side covers and the duct vent on the bottom. Then just slide your hands up to the pipes and feel the job. If you got fat fingers you might have to take out the glovebox.

It takes less then fifteen minutes to change the orings. you just feel where everything is and you will be fine.

I change change them and pressure test the system for leaks in under thirty minutes.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
41 Replies
23 Participants
The boss
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing