RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there are any visual cues (unique identification marks, badges or features) that are present to confirm if a RRS is the V8 Supercharged? Other than the badge on the back, in case someone changes that.

Trying to determine from some photos.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Look at the engine photos. Everything else can be added or changed. However with a model this new I seriously doubt you have worry about anyone misrepresenting a rig as an S/C when it isn't.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Engine cover will be plastic, silver bars and dual "supercharged" badging.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,071 Posts
Boy, without the dynamic package on the V8SC, besides the small badge, I'm not sure if you can tell a difference.

The best bet is to get the VIN and look up the information on Topix so you can tell exactly what the vehicle has.

I just looked up engine covers for an HSE and an ATB and they look the same to me. Top is V6 and bottom is V8 if you can find any differences.

1121327-15-large.jpg

zg_800.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
The GVWR rating is different for the V6 and V8. There is a label on the drivers door or column that specifies the GVWR rating plus VIN and other info. The V6 GVWR is 14,220lbs and the V8 14,440lbs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
There are trim differences for the Dynamic package, and I don't see why you would get a V8 without it. The differences are gloss black trim on the fog light surrounds, mirrors, vents, grille, tow eye covers, and the tailgate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aren't the red brembo brakes standard on SC? I believe it was for mine even if I didn't get the dynamic package, which I did because it's awesome.😊

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
191 Posts
outside not visible, if the badge on the rear is removed.
for some markets, they have lower lines for the V6 Supercharged (SE, HSE), there is the tailpipe end without chrome, but as said only for some markets.

Best is, start the engine and hear the difference... ;-)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Aren't the red brembo brakes standard on SC? I believe it was for mine even if I didn't get the dynamic package, which I did because it's awesome.
I just checked and you are right. There's an SCV8 at my dealer that's been there for awhile without the dynamic package but clearly has red brembos on the photos.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to clear a few things up that are often confused: 1 - you do not have to get the dynamic package for the dynamic response, adaptive dynamics, dynamic program, etc... it is standard on the SC and yes it does make a big difference in driving 2 - The red calipers are not standard on the SC and are not a standalone option, you have to get the dynamic package (or obviously easily done aftermarket) 3 - the dynamic package gets you a lot, but I skipped it as I hate the gloss black trim which there is already enough of without the dynamic (the gloss black is very poor quality and looks swirled, scratched etc. before it leaves the dealer - the old style matte plastic aged perfectly, not so with this) 4 - the dynamic also gets you 21" wheels, stainless pedals, 2 additional leather color options (a great tan option), and the very cool TFT display

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hmm interesting. The dealer must have painted the calipers on that non-dynamic SCV8 because they changed the rims also. Sorry for the confusion. I know it's not a dynamic though because I test drove it and it did not have the TFT screen or the red Sport badge. Dynamic mode was fun though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure if the 2015 RRS is this way but pricing on the 2016 shows the color of the SPORT badge on the tailgate as a way to distinguish the V6 from the V8:
RRS HSE 3.0L V6 SC --- Silver SPORT badge
RRS HSE Td6 Diesel V6 -- Silver SPORT badge
RRS Dynamic and Autobiography V8 SC -- Red SPORT badge

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
But I wouldn't rely solely on badges that can be removed and reattached elsewhere! Didn't we have someone last year who had a dealer that seemed to have tarted up a lower model to look like an ATB?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not related to badge, but interested in knowing why you selected the ATB over the SC V8 Dynamic. I have an order in for the 2016 SC V8 Dynamic and thinking of changing it to the ATB. Not being nosy, but looking for reasons to go with the ATB. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think you are mistaken about the brakes for the 2015 SCV8. I took delivery of mine on February 23rd of 2015. I did not order the Dynamic package because my rig is black and I actually wanted the silver accents and the 20 inch wheels. They came with the larger 20inch red brembro brakes. I believe they made them standard for all V8s in the beginning in the early part of 2015. All of the V8 inventory in the local dealers have red brakes and many of them do not have the dynamic package!

·
Registered
731 Posts
If memory serves. I think for the V8SC, the fronts calipers were painted Red and back calipers Black.

The V8SC Dynamic were red front/back and so is the ATB.

The V8SC Dynamic is basically for customers to get as close to ATB without paying for ATB and still get to choose some options on their own. (my take on there pricing model).

-ThinkMac-

I think you are mistaken about the brakes for the 2015 SCV8. I took delivery of mine on February 23rd of 2015. I did not order the Dynamic package because my rig is black and I actually wanted the silver accents and the 20 inch wheels. They came with the larger 20inch red brembro brakes. I believe they made them standard for all V8s in the beginning in the early part of 2015. All of the V8 inventory in the local dealers have red brakes and many of them do not have the dynamic package!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts