Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not advocating not wearing your seat belt. I learned this buried in another thread but thought there would be enough interest to justify it's own thread. I've used it successfully on a 2010 Range Rover supercharged but I believe it works for all late model Mark III Range Rovers, after 2006, which did not have a seat belt chime. This trick disables both the driver and passengers seat belt warning chime, but not the dash warning light. I have heard it is reversible using the same trick but I haven't confirmed that and don't intend to.

1. Turn on ignition switch, IE in my case, push the on button, but don't start the car.
2. quickly fasten and unfasten the driver seat belt 10 times in succession.

Enjoy the silence. Oh and wear your seat belt when appropriate.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Remington, my dash warning light goes out after about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does mine. I just meant the light comes on for a brief time even without the chime.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you for this information. Just to clarify, your post says [I assume w/r/t the 2010 Range Rover] "... push the on button, but don't start the car." Does this mean that you do not have the wireless key fob in the car when you push the starter button or is there another way to do this without starting the car that I do not understand?

Thanks again and best regards.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Push the button with the fob in the car but don't step on the brake so the car doesn't start. That turns on the electronics. Then do the buckle in out thing.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
800 Posts
Awesome thanks OP.... One question though. I'm assuming the the same sequence of steps will RE-enable the feature yes? Has anyone tested this?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
800 Posts
Worked like a charm.. And here I came looking for a way to do it via the IIDTool lol.

FYI... On my 2010 S/C the Seat belt warning sign on the dash turned off after 30 secs going over 30Kph and the annoying chime never came on at all. WOOHOO!!!!!

·
Registered
2010 SC 5.0 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2,052 Posts
Well this worked like a charm in my 2010,
I was so tired of being told to put on my belt when the machine thought it was time.
Now peace and quiet and I wear the belt when I want,
I always wear it driving.
Thanks for posting it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.