RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Owners,

I am searching for an advice, how to permanently disable the super lock option on a 98 GEMS EU-LHD Vehicle, if that matters (afaik there are different door look sets, somewhere wires have to be cut - in the doors and at the BECM, know You might know, why I ask for a 2nd and 3rd opinion, before moving the cutter ...).
There are threads in the web around, but they refer to different models or years.

Thanks in advance
KCR

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
Snip the Orange/Pink wire from the front door outstation to the latch on both front doors. For the rears, snip the same Orange/Pink wires inside the door where they go to the latch. Insulate both cut ends to prevent them from shorting to ground as that might cause other problems.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Richard,

thanks with this info, I´ll go ahead.
As far as I know most circuits on the P38 are switched by grounding? But insulation would have been a good idea anyway ...

Annette ... what are recovery doorlocks? Is this a autocorrect bug and You wrote Discovery?

I´ll search for pink / orange and pink wires. I´ll will have a look a f t e r w a r d s with the diagnostic equipment and see, if it switches the auto lock ... or maybe give it a test, with dooryards removed and doors open. Definitely not with everything in place ...

Thanks a lot!

KCR

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
Superlock is only scary if there is another fault. I use it on mine all the time and have never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Superlock is only scary if there is another fault. I use it on mine all the time and have never had a problem.
So, you are saying that it is possible to have more than one fault at a time on a P-38? 8-0=
Say it ain't so!

Seriously though, I will be getting into the doors on the Borrego soon for lube, connector cleaning and general maintainance, and wish to permanently disable super lock as well. I have had the aforementioned "Multiple failures" on my 02 and it was "interesting" recovering from them!

So, will I be looking for the same coloured wires on an NAS 02? (I shall search RAVE as well....)
Cheers!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Annette ... what are recovery doorlocks? Is this a autocorrect bug and You wrote Discovery?

I think what he means is, on earlier models maybe they used discovery locks, I’m sure I’ve read that the early discovery door handles are the same aswell

·
Super Moderator
2,077 Posts
So, will I be looking for the same coloured wires on an NAS 02? (I shall search RAVE as well....)
Yup, looking at the ETM, that is something that didn't change, so Orange/Pink wires on a Thor too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just did it today and worked pretty easy.
Usefull tools were a set of doorcard removal tools and spare door card fasteners, as some always decide to snap ;-)

Richard, I would usually fully agree to Your Point of view, just in the case of superlock I ´d rather cut wires than being „outlocked“ in the worst case.

But the information You provided was very helpful, thanks a lot! On my 98 (VIN WA) it was orange / pink.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts