RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, and yes I searched but there is only info on older models or advice to get an AP tune. Any other ways?
TIA!

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
Your truck is still an L405.

Disconnect the small battery in the rear compartment. The only downside that I found is you get a little "Start/stop not available" orange symbol in the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
565 Posts
There isn’t a marine battery in the 16 and up l405. It’s just a capacitor. It’s in the same location on the right side of the trunk/boot. Unplug it and it’s disabled.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There isn’t a marine battery in the 16 and up l405. It’s just a capacitor. It’s in the same location on the right side of the trunk/boot. Unplug it and it’s disabled.
Is it confirmed that all 2016 do not have the second start / stop battery?

Reason I ask is that I had my dealer register a new Costco Interstate AGM battery to my ‘16 autobiography. I wanted to be proactive and replace b4 the original began to weaken. I also requested the start / stop eco battery be replaced. They said they confirmed that my car does not have the second battery. For some reason I thought it was later model years after ‘16, but I could be mistaken. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
In the rear trunk on right side under plastic trim.

·
Registered
2016 L405 Range Rover HSE & 2013 L405 Range Rover HSE
736 Posts

This is the plug that Mark is referring to. I can confirm that it works. I disconnected that plug in my 2016 HSE and the auto start/stop is no longer active...no error messaged on the dash either. Just unplug it and zip tie it down so that it doesn't flop around.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just looked up that part number for the module, GX7314B526AC.

It comes back as a "Misc Control Computer" and one site has it listed as a "Start/Stop Computer".

I find it amazing that just unplugging does not throw any codes... does it need to be plugged back in when car goes in for service?

·
Registered
2016 L405 Range Rover HSE & 2013 L405 Range Rover HSE
736 Posts
I just looked up that part number for the module, GX7314B526AC.

It comes back as a "Misc Control Computer" and one site has it listed as a "Start/Stop Computer".

I find it amazing that just unplugging does not throw any codes... does it need to be plugged back in when car goes in for service?
I almost want to think that JLR designed it to be unplugged without throwing any codes because it's just a feature that not many people will want to have. However, I would plug it back in before going to the dealer for service just in case...

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
I almost want to think that JLR designed it to be unplugged without throwing any codes because it's just a feature that not many people will want to have. However, I would plug it back in before going to the dealer for service just in case...
Well...I have an appointment this tomorrow morning at the dealer for an alignment. I'll see if they say something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts