RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to replace cam cover seals and the manual says to degas system and remove AC pipe over cam cover.

Does anyone know how to cut the power supply to AC unit (other than disconnecting the battery)

I want to remove either the AC fuses or relay so the AC has no power whilst I am working on car as I will have to drive it to see if the seals are ok after install and I definitely dont want the AC unit accidentally turned on with the pipe removed.

I have found 2 AC fuses in the glove compartment but I cannot find the AC relay and not sure which is best to remove to disable the AC unit completely.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
298 Posts
If you degass the system I don't think the compressor clutch will engage as there is usually a low pressure cut out to prevent damage if a leak causes loss of gas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The system is protected by a low pressure sensor, below 30 psi and the sensor is open circuit, the climate module see this error and will not energise the clutch .
Ensure you make all pipe work air tight and prevent moisture and dirt ingress, a/c is my job..
Make sure the system is given a lot to vacuum before it's refilled to remove moisture.
Pat

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Hornet you need special equipment to degas the system. At no point should you ever just disconnect a line and let it vent. Visit a local shop that does A/C service and have them evacuate your system for you, that what the pipe nipples are for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was going to get the AC system degassed first, remove the AC pipe and plug holes and then do the work on the cam seals.

Does anyone know what you can plug the AC pipes with to stop any thing getting in the pipes.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
298 Posts
The place that does the degassing probably has caps. Auto parts stores sell kits of plugs and caps that might also work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts