RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering converting back to EAS and came across a used set in "good condition" for a very reasonable price. However, i am curious to learn is there anyway to see if these puppies are indeed "good condition"?

My truck currently has all the goodies for the EAS system, except for the bags..

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
164 Posts
Check the bead seal area for anything that would prevent a good seal with the spring pistons. Check the entire bag for dry-rot cracks, scoring, tears, nicks, exposed reinforcing fibers, etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tks hildstrom.. Is there an illustration that may provide details on where the bead seal is located? Could the bags be filled with air prior to install to confirm they hold air?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
164 Posts
The bags are like a cylinder of rubber. The bead is the opening on each end that makes a seal against the air spring pistons that plug up each end. You cannot pressure test or use them without spring pistons, so make sure you have them or are buying them. Also, check the spring pistons for scoring and scratches in the appropriate areas. You can buy air bags/bladders/bellows or complete air springs, so make sure you are getting everything you need.

The pics in this thread may help:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35510

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
There is no way to guarantee there are no leaks at all, except when they are under normal pressure and you have a tin of leak detector spray. Even then, it isn't always that conclusive.

You'd be better buying a new set.

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Total agreement. As inexpensive as replacement Dunlops are I would go new. THis will give you several years of not having to worry when the bags are goinna let loose.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am starting to feel that going the new route is the best bet... also possibly saving money and headaches...

Where are some of the places I could get a new set for a reasonable price? I've checked Atlantic British and one other place and they appear to be pretty up there.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
rover-rennovations - shupack owns it and he's a great member here. I can promise you he will help you out at one point or another if you stick around on this board. He can fix ANYTHING EAS related. He also actually picks up the phone when you call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts