RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Re: How to change the front air springs on your Range Rover (HD photos)

Nice !!! HOw long did it take you to do each. I was too lazy and had an indie do it for me few weeks ago.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
224 Posts

That's a much easier job than a normal coil spring suspension.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Nice !!! HOw long did it take you to do each. I was too lazy and had an indie do it for me few weeks ago.
Lol! I can do it in about 40 mins but I do like three a week, I have air tools and a lift

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

To RRS_TX: Yeah but normal coil springs don't go out as often as these :D

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts

Really? The statistical failure rate on these is quite low...unless abused.

·
Banned
224 Posts

True, but the shocks go out just as frequently, so it's nice they are easy to change on this car. I have an IIDTool, so that makes depressurizing the air springs easy for when I need to do that.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
797 Posts

This seems easy enough. Anyone know if it's the same procedure for the 2010's - 2013's?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts

True, but the shocks go out just as frequently, so it's nice they are easy to change on this car. I have an IIDTool, so that makes depressurizing the air springs easy for when I need to do that.
Even the shocks do seem to be quite durable...many folks have notched over 100K before having to change, if I recall correctly I did all 4 at about 144K...the lasted quite well thru many fun offroad expeditions...I would think barring a true failure, many folks may sell or trade theirs in before they end up having to replace...hopefully! The GAP tool is so useful...I just reprogrammed a new Bluetooth module, added the clock to the dash, and will attempt to do the Nav on the Move hack this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Just to note, here in Miami the failure rate is so high at the end of the year I turned in about 50 cores and made a good 1250! Don't think that because in your area some cars behave some way but in other areas cars behave in other ways. In places where the temperature is really hot some parts just can't take it. In fact when you buy the Land Rover original strut it comes with an expiration date.

For the 2010 to 2013 I'm waiting to get a customer with one so I can post the procedure, but it should be pretty similar. When I get to work on monday i'll check the database and see.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts

Yeah...Houston is a lot colder than Miami... :) :) Silly assumption that the comment was geographically oriented. So you made $1250 bucks changing out 50 struts? Nice!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
797 Posts

I can see how 365 days of hot weather and never getting sub zero temps would shorten the lifespan of the shocks BUT, it's all about the seals isn't it? Don't those things always go because a seal somewhere wore out?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts