RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hopefully you good folks can assist.

I have a stored fault code on my 2006 built / 2007 facelift L322, UK RHD car, saying the Cabin Temperature Sensor needs replacing.

As its behind the glove box somewhere, does anyone have a more precise location and can advise the swiftest way to access it please ? I don't wish to give the workshop carte blanche to take my dash out and hand me a fat bill !

Thank you

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Your cabin temp sensor is not behind the glove box. It is the small grill below one of your temp control knobs on the HvAC panel. You can reference the FAQ sticky for 2007-2009 shop manual for directions for removing the panel or just for the photo. You can also see the grill in your owners manual section for HvAC.

It is a temp sensor with low speed tiny fan to draw cabin air across it. The fan collects dust and what ever else is in your cabin environment. The fan in turn gums up. You an try compressed canned air to clean the fan in short bursts.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks, will try that - have access to an airline so would use that from a distance

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
You would have to the max air pressure from a compressor WAY down. even at a distance you will over spin the fan and burn out the fan bearing. Just go spend the funds for a can of compressed air for cleaning key boards and computer fans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts