RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have everything unbolted and the water pump dangling in there.
The crossover pipe is in the way of getting it out of there whats the secret trick to getting it out?

I've said a lot of cuss words but that still didn't work `)

·
Registered
641 Posts
you have to remove the crossover pipe - there are recessed 10mm bolts at each end of it that bolt into the heads and a bolt in the centre that holds other pipes I think.

Once the bolts were out, I cant remember if I completely removed the pipe or just moved it out of the way to remove the pump.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fisha said:
you have to remove the crossover pipe - there are recessed 10mm bolts at each end of it that bolt into the heads and a bolt in the centre that holds other pipes I think.
Thanks when I looked at it just didn't look that easy. I couldn't find any bolts to unbolt the pipe. I'll take a look again later today.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'd imagine it should have been there. Its a principle emissions control and a means to get the exhaust temperatures up quickly if the engine is cold that I dont imagine they would leave off for any markets.

Its off and on in a matter of minutes, so maybe easily forgotten about.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fisha said:
I'd imagine it should have been there. Its a principle emissions control and a means to get the exhaust temperatures up quickly if the engine is cold that I dont imagine they would leave off for any markets.

Its off and on in a matter of minutes, so maybe easily forgotten about.
Ya it was pretty easy to get off I hope its just as easy to get back on. I purchased the water pump with gaskets and I guess they assume you don't need the thermostat o-ring because I didn't get one doh! So back to the dealer to pick up the O-ring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts