RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-

I have never had a range rover before; I just bought a higher mileage (150,000) car and left a load of stone in the rear for the night - we are rehabilitating a home. I came out in the morning and it will not come off its bump stocks. The compressor will run when you jiggle the wore, but does not seem to fill anything; opening the door does not do any good.

The top indicator light is flashing, and the ride height device will not move it up or down.

Any thoughts? I am a neophyte here - give me a classic 900 turbo and I could talk your ear off - but would love to have some help.

2000 p38, 4.0se

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
250 Posts
"The compressor will run when you jiggle the wire". This seems to be your problem right here. You shouldn't have to jiggle a wire to get the compressor to run. It should have no problem lifting the rear end with a load of rocks. First thing I would say is to check/fix the wiring so that the compressor will run. Then check the stickie on checking the EAS for leaks and troubleshooting. If you had access to a diagnostics box, it would help narrow things down, like checking to see if the compressor is being signaled to turn on, checking ride height sensors, etc...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
paul p38 and rsw have lots of info and sotware/hardware needed to properly diagnose this issue. as usual visit the stickies above and make sure you have a copy of the RAVE.

·
Super Moderator
2,090 Posts
If it dropped overnight, no matter how much weight was in it (it stayed up when you were driving it after all) you have a leak. A leak starts off as just that then it causes the pump to run much more than it was ever designed to do so wears out the pump. Finding and fixing leaks is a simple enough job, as is refurbing the pump. Not expensive either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts