RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just had a flat tire yesterday, it was damaged, dealer installed new tire, but the balance I thought it wasn’t that good, today I didn’t have time to go back so I went to a DT with nice equipment to road force the tire, in n out, got to my office and noticed a lot of weights and not sure but looks to much for a good quality tire and wheel
What do you guys think ? It’s like 14-15 weights
In a single spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
So, yeah, that’s not good. You either have a bent rim and they tried to compensate the wobble with weights or the tire need spun 180 on rim and balanced again. Or they need to get another tire as that one is no bueno

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( I'm 100% sure my Rim is good since I cut the sidewall of the old tire with highway debris and before that it was good, but today the DT guy told me that the tire was off balanced, my bad for not checking, I'll try to go back

·
Registered
173 Posts
America's Tire recently told me they don't like to put more than 10oz of weight on a tire. If the balancing machine calls for more than that they replace the tire.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,421 Posts
That's 3 1/2 ounces which is quite a bit. However, the whole wheel tire assembly weighs over 65 lbs if I recall correctly so actually it may be ok. My tire guy would try to move the tire 1/2 revolution and rebalance. Tell them you're getting a slight vibration and have the move the tire and rebalance the assembly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's 3 1/2 ounces which is quite a bit. However, the whole wheel tire assembly weighs over 65 lbs if I recall correctly so actually it may be ok. My tire guy would try to move the tire 1/2 revolution and rebalance. Tell them you're getting a slight vibration and have the move the tire and rebalance the assembly.
With the 22” style 17?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to two different DT they told me that my weight load is wrong with my 22” because my HSE is heavy for those tires and my door sticker calls for 20” crazy

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,421 Posts
I have 20's and 22's for my RRS. I weighed the wheels with tires a few years age. If I remember correctly, the 20's weighed around 65lbs and the 22's 15 or 20lbs more. Just going by memory.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told the tire 275/40 22 is not for my RRS weight, just for autobiography or SVR, not true but oh well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts