RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Would help to know where you are.........................

·
Registered
42 Posts
"Runs great" doesn't mean too much. What work have you had done in the last two years? To me, a Rover that has had $3000+ worth of recent maintenance is worth more than one that has been "trouble free" for the last two years.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Since your such a player and G I will give $200 for it. These old things arent worth anything at all this is a great deal.

:roll:

·
Registered
269 Posts
It all depends on the condition. I would say 500 to 2000 maybe 6000 for showroom condition, but if you want a better answer pics and mileage would help.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
You haven't provided nearly enough information for us to give you any useful indication of the value of your specific Rover. However, I'll venture this: I'm also in California and have a rust-free '92 RRC. I figure mine's worth somewhere in the $2,000-3,000 range. My leather is still excellent and headliner has not yet sagged but some other interior bits have suffered some. My stereo no longer works and i removed the sub-woofer, amp, and CD-changer from the rear for more cargo room. Neither of my rear windows works but that's probably just the relays. My AC does not hold a charge, despite my having spent a terrible amount of money on it. My body has a few dings but is mostly straight. The paint is not so good.

Those are the main negative bits and would probably make a stock RRC of the year, with its 142K miles worth about $1,000. However, mine runs well on the original engine, tranny, and xfer box, has a 2" RTE lift, Bilstein dampers, RTE tie rods and rock sliders, SG front diff protector, Ramsey 8000# winch in Ramsey (NLA) hidden-mount, endcapless front bumper (from a 2-door RR) with brush bar and aux lights, front Tru-Trac diff and rear Quaife diff, Cobra CB radio, and custom roof rack and interior cargo mount. In short, mine's well set-up for fairly serious off-road use and mechanically sound but shows the effects of years of having been used as it was designed to be used. It would probably be worth more as parts than it is intact.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,724 Posts
Granny has an excellent point. My 95 with just over 30K miles sold for ...cough...choke over 20K because of it's condition, special items and a dedicated buyer. Even in a perfect market, and without the special items, I would have been looking at around $12K - $14K.

Each rig has a sale price that is individual to the rig. Markets differ in a drastic manner. You have left us hangin in the wings with just enough info to picture a rusted hulk in the field. :lol:

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
That point about different markets reminds me to point out that South California and North California are different markets. My observation is that Land-Rovers, especially newer ones (as in 1987 onward), seem to sell a bit cheaper in the south.

·
Registered
59 Posts
to give you an idea in UK.. i bought a 62,000 mile, 1 owner softdash 1994 LSE a few months ago.

Here in UK you see LSE's from about £3000 sterling upwards.

I paid approximately £6000 with a warranty to get this car. it wasnt (quite) as immaculate as described (but I'm pretty picky). I'd say i paid up a little too much but its a good one and in the spec I wanted.

I have since spent about £1000 on various items, replacing door seals, brakes and another £500 adding park sensors & dvd screens.

very happy with it on the whole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts