RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a 2010 SC I like that has been driven by the dealership owner for a month. It has about 1500 miles on it and MSRP of $79k. How much discount off MSRP would make this worthwhile vs. ordering a new one for full price?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Depends on which dealer you are looking at. The folks in Bellevue tend to be very hard on their test rigs as they "show off" to their neighbours and possible buyers. I've caught them a few times racing new cars, jack rabbit runway starts and "competing" with the high end folks across the street. Given the poor service I and friends have received from them I wouldn't buy anything they have touched with a 100 foot pole. However the folks in Tacoma are strictly on the professional side, help out the local LR clubs and provide excellent service. Where the Bellevue folks have attempted to rape me on a few service items the Tacoma folks have always been on the straight and level.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Depends on which dealer you are looking at. The folks in Bellevue tend to be very hard on their test rigs as they "show off" to their neighbours and possible buyers. I've caught them a few times racing new cars, jack rabbit runway starts and "competing" with the high end folks across the street. Given the poor service I and friends have received from them I wouldn't buy anything they have touched with a 100 foot pole. However the folks in Tacoma are strictly on the professional side, help out the local LR clubs and provide excellent service. Where the Bellevue folks have attempted to rape me on a few service items the Tacoma folks have always been on the straight and level.

Don't mean to go off topic too much, but curious what you think regarding the Lynnwood dealership? I just purchased my RRS SC and was wondering who to go to? Lynn, Tac, or Bell?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Land Rover of Seattle/Lynnwodd is top notch as far as service. I've only had a couple of dealings with them so didn't really want to say anything. I have had no dealings with the sales group, but service with folks I have helped out has been terrific. :thumb:

·
Registered
199 Posts
rrtoadhall said:

I would imagine the dealership owner got his moneys worth out of the 500+ HP. They could have the mindset of driving the rental car depending on what type of person they are.

Speaking of Bellevue , any idea why they seem to have only about 1/3rd of their lot full?? I drove by there the other night to see if they had any 2010 sports and there were probably only 30-40 vehicles on the entire lot. Unless they parked all of their newer RR's off site at night or some reason? It looked very empty.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Land Rover of Seattle/Lynnwodd is top notch as far as service. I've only had a couple of dealings with them so didn't really want to say anything. I have had no dealings with the sales group, but service with folks I have helped out has been terrific. :thumb:
Thank you on the Lynnwood advice, nice and close. I see in your sig your from Maltby.. small world as I went to maltby elementry back in the day. haha went to Monroe High as well.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Serb said:
rrtoadhall said:
Thank you on the Lynnwood advice, nice and close. I see in your sig your from Maltby.. small world as I went to maltby elementry back in the day. haha went to Monroe High as well.
When did you graduate?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
However the folks in Tacoma are strictly on the professional side, help out the local LR clubs and provide excellent service.
Great dealership insight. Glad I happen to be working with Tacoma. Although, this particular car is on the east coast (would be a dealer trade), so I wouldn't even be able to see it. Which probably adds more weight to the general consensus that I shouldn't touch this thing. Yeah, I agree they probably don't follow the "break-in procedure" very closely :)

By the way, what local clubs? Any recommendations?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts