RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 500 miles from 100,000 on my 2006 RRS. All have been trouble free miles and I am looking at keeping it and trading in my 2000 RR Rhino on either a 2010 RRS or a LR4. How many miles do you have on your RRS and what do you think of the new RRS and LR4 coming in 2010?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, I'm glad to hear that you haven't had much problems after 100k. I'm at 9k right now and have had no issues as well.

As for the new 2010 RRS, I regret not waiting but I think I'll be looking into it around 2011 and hope they have any kinks worked out.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I have 118K miles on my 2006 HSE. Very happy thus far, I am probably in the minority but if I had to I would buy another Sport tomorrow. I have had the front bushings replaced once, 2 bad front shocks: Left one replaced about 6 months ago, right one is busted right now, clunks loudly over bumps and will be replaced soon. I have been off-roading the car quite a bit, so the shocks and bushings aren't much of a surprise. :wink: That's about it really, nothing really major. The usual electronic gremlins, but nothing that wouldn't clear after a restart or two. Dealer replaced suspensions compressor twice when the car was still under warranty - one was part of a Service Action - but I have not had an issue with our trick suspensions since. I fried a rear PDC sensor due to my Overfinch exhaust - 100% my fault on that one. I replaced the dead OEM battery at about 56k miles. There are a few squeaks and rattles coming from driver seat, center console, rear liftgate. Some of the interior trim (steering wheel leather, vinyl on window sills, some buttons) is definitely starting to show its age, and the paint has seen better days (again due to my trips off road), but it's white so it barely shows. Then again, I have 118K miles on the car so I can't complain. The engine and tranny keep purring along, not problems whatsoever. I am going to try and stretch it until the 2011s come out, they will give me peanuts for my current car anyway and I am also a bit worried about the 2010s having so much new stuff (engine, transmission, electronics...) that could be problematic the first year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just hit 1500 today. I'm not a believer about purchasing the first 2 model years of a vehicle, and with the mechanical issues that our truck are rumored to have, you can see why.

Plus in our house we buy a vehicle every 5 years, and I just bought mine. Its the wife turn next. Maybe when its my turn, the body style will be totally different.

Glad to hear that you haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Umberto , what kind of services have you done since the warranty ran out? Just basic oil changes etc., or do you take it in to the dealer for computer diagnostic stuff?

·
Banned
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
890 Posts
08 RRSSC, I bought it 6/19/2009 drove it off the lot with 1.2 miles on it , This weekend rolled over 17,200. Minor issues, 1 coolant leak repaired.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
maxwell said:
Umberto , what kind of services have you done since the warranty ran out? Just basic oil changes etc., or do you take it in to the dealer for computer diagnostic stuff?
Just regular scheduled maintenance (through a local independent Land Rover shop, since they charge about 1/2 as much as the dealer.) I should take her to the dealer one day - I still have the steering wheel airbag recall that needs to be done, and only a dealer can perform recalls - but because I have had no other issues I have postponed. My indy shop is equipped with both official and aftermarket diagnostics, so they can pretty much handle anything electronic. They may get software updates a little later than the dealer, that's about it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear and understand your concerns about buying the first year production, but I have done this twice before with a Disco II and the 2006 RRS. My dealer's service is so good, I won't have a problem with either the 2010 LR4 or the RRS.

2006 RRS
2000 Rhino

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have a 2006 RRS S/C with 70000 miles. No major problems at all. Dealer replaced a cracked windshield washer resevoir, replaced the steering column (heard a minor rubbing sound that I didn't think was significant) and that has been it other than scheduled maintenance. I have had 2 cracked windshields from rocks, did a complete brake job at 60K miles and am 3500 miles into my third set of tires ( 2 sets of Conti's and now on Michelin Diamaris). I have been quite pleased. I have had some minor electronic glitches that have come and gone mostly related to the cruise control. Currently the power window function just quit working. If it doesn't come back I'll be going to the dealer. When I am ready to look for another vehicle I will be hard pressed not to go to another RRS S/C

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,478 Posts
RoverfreakNH said:
08 RRSSC, I bought it 6/19/2009 drove it off the lot with 1.2 miles on it , This weekend rolled over 17,200. Minor issues, 1 coolant leak repaired.

Wow...that's some commute you have...in only 10 days you've managed to put 17K miles on it! I know the Mass pike is congested, but you must be taking a detour via California every morning.

:D :D

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
jees. i'm 06 almost 71k

·
Registered
5 Posts
108,000 on my 06rrs.. i drive jersey highways and nyc roads. trouble free and would buy another tomorrow. i dont even plan on talking about getting rid of it till im over 200,000 miles... i buy em, love em and drive em... they usually love me back. have owned land rovers since 2000 when i bought my wife, g/f at the time a disco. we have not had problems per say, but when mior things pop up the service at my dealer is second to none. in fact its a pleasure to deal with them and they treat my wife as if im standing next to her all the time.. they won me over with service.. sometimes it not the problem that defines you its how you fix the problem that makes you what you are...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts