Range Rovers Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
‘16 HSE SCV6 just turned 60k miles. I’ve only owned for a few months, but DIY’d both diffs and transfer case fluids, as well as transmission fluid and air/cabin filters to baseline and overmaintain, installed a hitch, replaced window switch bezel, which was peeling. Dealer just did oil/filter, all pads & rotors and fuel pump before my purchase. I’ll do oil/filter once per year since I put on less than 5K miles/yr. Uninterrupted service records back to new. No issues to date. View attachment 297550
@pops...

Hey man... Good job on the ALL the fluids changed to baseline for sure. As for the Oil/Filter change performed by the dealer that is fine as well. I being a bit paranoid like to take a clean white cloth (bandage or medical grade whites) and wipe the inside /underneath of the Oil-Cap and it's screw threads just to make sure the oil is that lovely "Amber" color after a change just to make sure "Dealer" actually changed the oil for peace of mind... (I know, I know, but it's worth the peace of mind because I've seen some real BS regarding the maintenance at a Dealer subject first hand.) I let the Dealer perform the OC/Filter Change once a year to keep Car-Fux reporting to the "Warranty-Company" honest; because that is a reason for said warranty company to deny all and any claims if you are found to NOT maintain your vehicle.

2nd, at least Twice a week before a true "Cold-Start" on level ground... check the oil level.

From previous talks I know you are a lot like me regarding vehicle maintenance and probably already do this but it's worth mentioning.

Reactions: Poppyboy

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
91 Posts
@pops...

Hey man... Good job on the ALL the fluids changed to baseline for sure. As for the Oil/Filter change performed by the dealer that is fine as well. I being a bit paranoid like to take a clean white cloth (bandage or medical grade whites) and wipe the inside /underneath of the Oil-Cap and it's screw threads just to make sure the oil is that lovely "Amber" color after a change just to make sure "Dealer" actually changed the oil for peace of mind... (I know, I know, but it's worth the peace of mind because I've seen some real BS regarding the maintenance at a Dealer subject first hand.) I let the Dealer perform the OC/Filter Change once a year to keep Car-Fux reporting to the "Warranty-Company" honest; because that is a reason for said warranty company to deny all and any claims if you are found to NOT maintain your vehicle.

2nd, at least Twice a week before a true "Cold-Start" on level ground... check the oil level.

From previous talks I know you are a lot like me regarding vehicle maintenance and probably already do this but it's worth mentioning.
That’s a great idea, Ham-thanks! Even if documented, it’s difficult to trust anything a stealership represents! Hope you’re enjoying your new MX808. It’s a great tool!

·
Registered
91 Posts
That’s a great idea, Ham-thanks! Even if documented, it’s difficult to trust anything a stealership represents! Hope you’re enjoying your new MX808. It’s a great tool!
Filthy! Filthy! What a bunch of BS. I know even synthetic oil gets dirty after a short period, but this was (allegedly) done at the end of August with literally a few hundred miles added since. FCP Euro, here I come. Thanks again, Ham.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
677 Posts
Hit 100,000km during a road trip last week: 1628km driven at an avg consumption of 12.35L/100km.

Best figures I saw were on the first day of our return trip: 11.8L/100km for 656km @130kmh indicated (=124kmh GPS) in 30-38C ambient temps!
🤘

Vehicle Car Gauge Automotive design Auto part

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
After 200 miles your oil is almost pitch black..dirty direct injection...

Anywho, 97,000 miles now on a 5.0, average MPG of 23. Best of 29MPG.
Mostly cruise control at 45-60MPH, with occasional 70MPH.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts

Ah so it’s not just me? Less than 1000 miles and yep pitch black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts

That is true. I see the same shortly after I do oil changes in my wife’s Q50. Guess I’m just looking for an excuse to baseline the oil changes, too. Stealership probably overtightened the drain plug anyway...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have 51K on my 2016 HST. I recently had a walk-in "emergency service" as the check engine light appeared and my HST would start intermittently, turn off randomly, and I could not access accessory mode to close my windows or sunroof. They replaced the Purge Value and did a ABS, PCV and TCM software update; parts and labor was $1,100.00. Was also told I need to replace both engine mounts, parts and labor will run over $2K.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Motor mounts at 51K miles seems insane. May simply be the stealership at play here. I recommend a second opinion at a competent Indy. Would be interested to know how it is as a DIY project.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Motor mounts at 51K miles seems insane. May simply be the stealership at play here. I recommend a second opinion at a competent Indy. Would be interested to know how it is as a DIY project.
I think you may be right.

I recently drove to PHX from LA for a wedding, the HST drove so great! The tires were replaced last Dec and currently have about 4K on them. Dynamic Mode + Sport Mode. The HST was fun to drive again.

Between the pot holes, constant road construction, the sheer amount of cars, stop and go traffic (Beverly-Grove) the ride is always rough and nasty. Dynamic Mode + Drive. You can't tell if it's bad motor mounts, bad roads, or bad road rag for that matter ... LA traffic really sucks, I can't emphasize that enough. It sucks.

P.S. If your curious about the tires, I replaced them with 21" Continental Cross Contact Sport All Season. Due to COVID, the OEM Michelin Latitude Sport tires where no where in sight. I miss the responsiveness of the Michelins.

·
Registered
85 Posts
2016 L494 SDV6 with 110,0000km on them. So far changed out gasket and some radiator work. Asked my service agent from JLR about transmission oil and he replied is lifetime. Will change the transfer case and differential oil in 2 weeks time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2016 RRS Supercharged - 120k miles and I have had zero issues. I purchased it new in 2016 and it has been the best car ever for me. Anyone know info on the new RRS release? Dealership says it will unveil it this time next year.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have 51K on my 2016 HST. I recently had a walk-in "emergency service" as the check engine light appeared and my HST would start intermittently, turn off randomly, and I could not access accessory mode to close my windows or sunroof. They replaced the Purge Value and did a ABS, PCV and TCM software update; parts and labor was $1,100.00. Was also told I need to replace both engine mounts, parts and labor will run over $2K.
I would have laughed the Dealer to scorn... That is absurd and I don't know how they told you with a strait face! That might be a 2 hour job to perform and I can't see mounts costing more than $100 each (and this is excessive)...

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
273 Posts
Just shy of 90k miles on my 2016 diesel. Besides the dread improper def fluid message and the crappy infotainment system (which I fixed with Ray's android screen) it has been a delight. Unique color, Zanzibar, with my 22's with 305/45 tires
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
170k miles (sorry, L322 technically, but this is an interesting thread!). Been getting 5k oil changes from my independent who uses the 5w20 Castrol Professional. Oil gets PITCH black in a few hundred miles. No oil consumption, though.

Just had master cylinder replaced in this service, too. Will be picking up vehicle soon.

Brake pedal became EXTREMELY soft, literally overnight. Traveled twice as far before any noticeable stopping power is applied. No brake fluid lost. Cruised around development with Hill Descent Control enabled, just to actuate the ABS pump, that was fun, but no improvement in braking quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 58 of 58 Posts