RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 RRS TD6
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Curious as I just picked up a TD6 with 13K miles on it and the tires are already pretty worn. I may get through the winter on them, but most likely need to replace sometime next year. Also, what tires did you get after your OEM’s wore out? Stick with the same Pirellis?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just upgraded to the Zeros well about 20k kms ago, they are pretty much the same as the Verdes just apparently more performance driven (marketing bs it sounds like) either way I am happy with them.
The Verdes lasted a decent amount of time considering the abuse they took.
Im just about to get the new X Ice Snow installed for winter so it will interesting to see how those are.
Both the Verde and Zeros were garbage in the snow IMO

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
481 Posts
I had Goodyear Eagle F1s on mine, brand new, when I bought it in June 2018.

They've done about 25,000 kms, lasted very well, including numerous off-road trails.

One of them got punctured by a nail on our last road trip, so now have to replace 2 tyres - not happy about it, since there's plenty of tread left.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
There's three versions of the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Verde, Verde Plus and Verde Plus 2. Different speed and tread wear ratings are available with the Plus 2 being the newest version and rated for about 60-65K miles. My 2018 V8 came with Goodyear Eagle F1s that were good for about 20K miles. Replaced them with Verde Plus 2 which ride, handle and brake very well. Remains to be seen how many miles I get out of them but happy so far.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,
Curious as I just picked up a TD6 with 13K miles on it and the tires are already pretty worn. I may get through the winter on them, but most likely need to replace sometime next year. Also, what tires did you get after your OEM’s wore out? Stick with the same Pirellis?
24K miles on my OEM Pirelli Scorpion Verde rubber on my 2018 RRS - down to the wear bars. I've never been happy with OEM rubber. I had OEM Continental ContiSportContacts on my 2014 RRS - same issue with less than optimal wear durability. I push my vehicle but I don't do so in an extreme manner that would result in excessive tire stress. I recently re-shoed my 2018 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. Happy so far with them but have not had any snow yet, so we'll see.

·
Registered
2020 RR P525 HSE
22 Posts
Manufacturers don't put high-life tires on they put tires that make the car perform best.

You can see this by the Traction Rating and UTQG Rating on the sidewall. Higher the 3 digit number the longer the life.
"The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) Uniform Tire Quality Grade Standards (UTQG) were originated to provide consumers with useful information to help them purchase tires based on their relative treadwear, traction and temperature capabilities.
Manufacturers are not required to provide UTQG standards for winter/snow tires, deep treaded light truck tires and other select tires."

Rovers are very heavy, I always figure new shoes by 10K miles then another set at 30k. Ride quality decreases and noise increases as the tires get worn.

Check out http://tirerack.com - they have the biggest variety - then have the tires shipped to your local shop for installation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,
Howdy -- I replaced at about 40K miles. I have a 2016 Sport TD6 and, after a ton of research, landed on Continental Terrain Contact. I was looking for something that gave me some light off road comfort (not so much "off-roading" as just getting to a good fishing or photo spot, and better sidewalls). I have been very happy with these tires on and off road. Have about 8K miles on them so far. Was nearly impossible to get info on alternate sizing, but these are a good fit with no rub.

·
Registered
214 Posts
went to yoko pradas. getting 50K plus

Reactions: NYC_Ranger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all,
I have been trying tires out. Michelin seem to have lost it. Tread separation above the sidewall etc so I threw out half worn tyres and bought Pirellis. looking around and finding it hard to get anything as good. I do not care how long they last, just grip well in wet and dry and in the wet don't aquaplane (which the Michelin did very badly in heavy rain.) I have evaluated lots of brands and can't beat the Pirellis yet. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
450 Posts
I got over 40k miles on my pirellis - pretty happy with them - except if you are doing to do a lot of off roading - not that puncture resistant. I replaced with Goodyear eagles - since that was in stock and I needed to replace quickly - pretty happy with those also - but now I have a separate set of off road wheels and all terrain tires

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all,
Hi, since 2000 I have leased 4 brand new RR's and found the following:
Michelin and Pirelli Scorpions worked fine , got to lease limit 30K miles no problem. Worst were the ones on my 2nd full size, Continentals, only tires that needed replacing around 25K, local dealer rep actually acknowledged they had a problem with their short life.
Since leasing I have bought older RR sports. My 2009 I bought and put on Nexen tires as soon as i bought it on 40k miles and counting! . My 2011 RR Sport came with Toyo proxes already fitted, after my 35K miles i replaced the front pair, will also do the rears soon, so they lasted approx 50K no problem. None cheap a deal is $250 fitted with the Toyos. Look beyond the usual is all I can say.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
290 Posts
I replaced my below 10k, because of the noise and inability to track straight. Switched to Yoko Parada Spec X. Track's straight and very quiet.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
24 Posts
Hey all,
Best I have found is Yokohama Geolanders. I am putting about 40,000 miles a year on them. I have tried several brands, all mentioned in previous threads, but I like the ride and wear the best on this brand

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was on OEM Pirellis for last 4 years, clocking 42K. They were showing some signs of being tired, but I probably could have tried to squeeze a bit more out of them, if not for big nail I accidentally ran over one day. This was the trigger event and I switched to Michelins

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can highly recommend the Vredestein Quatrac Pros.

It’s an all-season for the UHP segment and has the “Severe Snow Service” certification, which is a requirement in the alps and many other mountainous places for travel during winter months.

I’m quite happy with them so far and feel they are a good mix for performance, wet, ice and snow.

Right now I have only put about 5k miles on them, but they are wearing quite well and I expect to get 40-45k by what I’m seeing so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts