Range Rovers Forum banner

How many miles are your Range Rover?

54K views 80 replies 60 participants last post by  Jurssen 
#1 ·
Just wanted to see how long the truck runs for and how many miles they are known to last before engine dies out. I'm currently at 147k.

#70 ·
My old girl Rosie shows 222,555 kms but I reckon there’s a bit of Botox in that. The 265/70s means the speedo is out by at least 5% so that’s got to be added back in. Apart from rocker gaskets and a few engine flushes to try and remove some sludge and a pcv fix and coilpack/ stepper setup done nothing but maintenance and she’s quiet - nothing from the bottom end at all. No smoke or startup rattles either. My other v8 has over 400hp so have no idea if performance is pedestrian or not. Doing 18.4 l/100km (again take off the 5%) so the old girl has a bit of a drinking problem - especially in the sand (mid 20s).

#74 ·
Mine (my dad's now) is at 173k miles 280k kms original engine and box. It was ran with no coolant radiator burst 12-13 years ago and it had its headgaskets done at was then 120k miles since then its had a coupe of EAS units mainly because it sits for half of the year a new ABS pump, new cats, a thermostat, front wheel bearings, fuel pump, and some other things like sensors and so on.

#75 ·
range rover 2008 with 170 k miles... no major issues.. i take care of it, or at least try my best...
change oil at 5k, replace brakes and rotors and other maintenance items as they come up.
did a tune up with spark plugs at 90k... cleaned throttle body, replaced radiator, replaced pcv twice, replaced egr valve, replaced lower control arms front, and both front air struts. replaced air compressor... replaced transmission fluids once, replaced transfer and differential fluids twice., replace air filters many times.
now i have some lean bank 1 and bank 2 codes... so hope to get this resolved... but it drives great.

#79 ·
Hi Richard,

I think yours is the highest mleage car, here on this forum.:cool::cool:
Is this with original engine & transmission?
Good luck, keep rovering.(y)

#77 ·
Well then - my 1996 is just a baby at 87K kms. That's about only 54K miles. It is running on 255/70/16 rubber (from the dealer) and the only mod I have done is Tornado chips.

#80 ·
Original engine but rebuilt at 287,000, original 4HP22 transmission, original transfer case (but with replacement chain a year or so ago), original axles but with replacement diffs both ends .

#81 ·
My 99 4.6 HSE has 136,000 miles. This year, it had a good 3,000 mile, 7 day trip thru the Rockies. It climbed Monarch Pass going west, did some trails between Colorado Springs and Moab, and made it thru the Eisenhower Tunnel, in snow, going back East. It did very well, just leaking a bit of engine oil, nothing else.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Seems to behave best when challenged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.