RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there- got a few faults on my 2004 HSE (ABS, Brake, Inactive Air Suspension) because of a dead battery (battery health is fine, car was just sitting too long).

Just recharged the battery and the car starts and runs fine now but these faults remain even after a couple restarts of the car.

Is there a way to clear/reset these faults myself (my OBD reader couldn't do it), or how long (how many restart cycles) do I have to wait until they disappear?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Subscribed" to this myself.
Same issue here after I changed the battery in my 2004 RR too.
I did the disconnect the ground, let it sit for a bit. Reconnected the ground and did the "turn of the wheel" from hard right to hard left and back to center again....
Just a simple bump when hard over. Not holding it hard because that puts to much pressure on the seals. Just a bump should do.
No Joy.

Anything I can do vs seeing "my guy" at the shop?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,192 Posts
Depends on the actual codes, if they are just loss of comm codes they should clear almost immediately (none of them will light the MIL), if its something that lit the MIL like an O2 sensor fault) then it can take up to 50 start stop trips without the code reappearing to clear a code. If its a hard fault in your EAS system it will never clear by itself, it has to be reset.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update: At least on my end to this thread..
Pics of before and after attached.
Looks like My Lovely Bride's chariot completed enough on/off cycles to engage the air ride suspension to "normal" road height.
There still is a challenge with adjusting the height to "Off Road" or park easy out "Low Level."
The light in the center of the height selector stays on.
When a request is made to change the height, the indicator on the right blinks, but no change happens.
Thoughts?
For the moment, we can live with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Won't change height if any door is open, could be as simple as that.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
also when the center button is pushed on the rotary height selector this will lock the suspension in its current position,
try pressing the center button then making the change.
Lift the rear hatch cargo cover and verify the hatch lamps go out,
the top latching portion can sometimes not fully close inside the latch.
thus the lights stay on meaning the suspension wont change either.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all- thanks for the responses. The faults ended up clearing on their own after one to two drives.

Note about OBD2- I have an OBD2 scanner but that can't scan every computer on these trucks- only the basics. The only code my OBD2 reader was giving me was p0443 (purge valve).

Also I was just about to ask how to get my air suspension to level...seems the truck is cocked to the right side because where I park is slightly angled and guessing it must have "locked" in the suspension there. So what's the procedure to level suspension? Would it be get it on flat ground, lower all the way then raise the suspension, then press the center suspension button to lock the setting?

It was so bad that my mechanic recently told me my brake pads were about 20% thinner on the right side (because of the weight of the car being shifted to the right, presumably).

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The lock button only holds it in access (maybe offroad) height, and it will still raise if you drive over 15 or 20 mph. It's used to hold the car down in low ceiling garages and places like that. The truck is raised or lowered based on inputs from ride height sensors on all 4 corners Air is let in, or exhausted from each airbag until the output from the sensor matches what the EAS ECU has been programmed for. Assuming none of the sensors or the pins on the control arms that they attach to hasn't been bent the only way to reset the ride heights is to do it thru the LR service program SDD (Pre 05 trucks use the T4 Testbook Program). It requires you to put the truck on level ground, and measure the height from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch and put that into the program. I think you have to do it in normal, access and offroad, after that the ECU will level out the truck based on those measurements. I think RSW ALLCOMM software can reset the ride height as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2-b3vtSM2M

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
The faults will never clear that way. It requires a full power down. Disconnect the battery, wait the required 2 minutes (to stop entertainment system fuses blowing due to capacitors discharging too quickly.) Then short the positive battery terminal to ground for a few seconds. That is the reset command. Then reconnect battery, start the engine and quickly turn the steering lock to lock to calibrate the steering angle sensor, cycle the skylight open and shut and that should do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts