RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long it should take to raise the suspension from access to normal height, and from normal to off-road height?
Mine is working ok, but sometimes it seems to take a little too long. I have timed it at 20 seconds from access to normal, and also at over one minute.
Sometimes it takes quite a while to lower as well.
I suppose that Land Rover has certain parameters which they set as expected times, and if it takes more than that it would indicate a fault somewhere.
Does anyone know what these times would be?
Thanks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
My 06 HSE takes about 10 seconds/

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine (2002 L322) is slow from normal to offroad but not that slow. I found in my old P38 it varied a lot and I thought it may be due to outside temerature or how much air had built up in the compressor for instance if it had just been started it may be slower.

Damo.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Damo said:
Mine (2002 L322) is slow from normal to offroad but not that slow. I found in my old P38 it varied a lot and I thought it may be due to outside temerature or how much air had built up in the compressor for instance if it had just been started it may be slower.

Damo.
The l322 and the p38 both have an air storage tank. It should operate consistently regardless of temperature or coldness of engine.
I think your p38 had a leak and I think the OP's l322 has a leak.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim,

I guess you were right. Less than a week after posting that original query, I got an "air suspension inactive" message and took it in to the dealer who found the front left air spring had to be replaced.
Problem solved. I'm happy ( But the warranty company must be hurting as I saw on the invoice that they were being billed $1300.00 (Canadian $) plus labour charges.) .

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Norval said:
Tim,

I guess you were right. Less than a week after posting that original query, I got an "air suspension inactive" message and took it in to the dealer who found the front left air spring had to be replaced.
Problem solved. I'm happy ( But the warranty company must be hurting as I saw on the invoice that they were being billed $1300.00 (Canadian $) plus labour charges.) .
What warranty company did you use... I think I'm going to purchase one first thing next week.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Land Rover Extended Warranty. $100 deductible each time. Honoured by the dealer. Value to me? Priceless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts