RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
it really depends on the dealer too/location individually imo not so much the brand. a while back I was for some odd reason obsessed with the CLA45 amg. Me and my girlfriend whose even younger went to a MB dealer In bumblefck NJ that had the exact spec I wanted. This was a pre owned CLA45 keep in mind. The sales guy flat out refused to let us even start it. The manager had the nerve to tell me this is a “sports car” and it had rained in the morning. A day later I went to another MB dealer In PA and walked out with a C63. Guy didn’t even ask for my license before the test drive and the whole deal was done in a hour. Quick and easy. Same thing with my one of my m5 the car was at Porsche the guy didn’t take an hour and I was out.

When I’m not at work I’m not in a suit and I. Love to dress down like a bum because I hate suits. Sweat pants, slides is my look. I’ve been mistook for Uber eats and quite recently a porter at Benz dealer when I went to Get a oil filter for my G.

Back on topic another full day went by and no update. I’ve put 2k miles on the loaner. They don’t even seem to have any urgency to want this back. I might give them a call at the end of the week if I don’t hear anything still. I am a little worried they went joy riding or maybe hit my ****. But then again it’s a 14 so it’s nothing special and it’s a city truck so even if they did manage a scratch it was gonna happen sooner than later. I just want it back. 🤬😢

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I'm an IT guy, I dress pretty plain. Normal day out is either my Aquanaut or Apple Watch, and a plain grey/black shirt and jeans..I've never been mistaken for a porter, but I have been mistaken for a Walmart employee a few times LOL.

I've never had terrible luck at dealers, but I have had some wary of assisting me. I went to look at a Lincoln Aviator before picking up our Disco 5 and a few sales people looked at the kid in the showroom (me) and kept on walking. Whatever. Same thing at Porsche, had to ask the front desk to get a salesman over..he wasn't apt on helping. I'm unsure as to why my fiance is into Porsches..the Cayenne did not impress me whatsoever.

If I am with my fiance, who definitely has a more...rich looking clothing style, salesman are SO clingy. Last time we went to a Cadillac dealer that had a Sport and I gotta say, the salesman got a little too flirty for my taste. Definitely aimed towards her, but..whatever.

I'd find a new dealer if I were you. I've had good luck with the LR service centres but have had incredibly bad luck with GM products. That went on to the point where they told us we were lying of the issues the car was having. I can't believe how much of a following GM has, all of their products are dangerously engineered.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well I got it back today. Warranty covered everything but the end links but covered the end link bushing??? Makes no sense.

They ended up charging me $184 extra for “programming the TPMS” even though the TPMS is covered under my warranty. I didn’t really care because I was sick of seeing the TPMS. What a surprise when 10 miles later the TPMS flashed on and now hasn’t turned off.

In addition to the tpms not being fixed and paying $184 to nothing I also got a nice big door ding and my truck wasn’t even washed. In fact the low fuel light was on and the work order showed they went on a 50 mile road test. I definitely remember having more than half a tank. Some bozo probably burned through half a tank real quick after hearing the exhaust?? Who knows??

This is why I hate the dealer. Now I’ll have to bring it back for them to fix the tpms which who knows how long it will take.

The best part was when I asked about the ticking the tech and SA said oh that’s normal as these engines age. Lmao

·
Registered
491 Posts
Keralis,

You are so right about Lake Bluff! I flew from LA to Chicago to buy my 14 Autobiography from a caddy dealer. The caddy dealer had no idea what my truck was. During the test drive we stopped at Lake Bluff LR. The SA checked my car out, and found out I had the bumper to bumper CPO, so my cross country drive would be protected if I broke down. He also pointed out the minor fixes my car needed all covered under warranty. I tipped him very well! I also bought the car for a steal. I miss Lake Bluff.

LR Lake Bluff is great.
They will come pick up my car from my house and drop a loaner off. Usually a Disco 5 or Disco Sport. I req the D5..
Service is usually within a day or two. Repairs depends on how long parts come in.
There is one adviser that doesn't like me. Maybe because I'm a younger guy who shouldn't have the cars I do. Sorry buddy. I don't feel sorry for you. Had that issue at MB too, I'll never own another MB.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Dude, third world country service. It’s unbelievable paying 100k for cars and having body damage for simple **** and not even fixing the problem. Jeeezus. It’s happened to me as well. I had to have the front bumper resprayed and then fought the dealer to cover it! Forget trying to get work done. Unless it’s over 500-1k I’m paying out of pocket at an Indy shop. Plus 30-45 day wait times on repairs? Fuuuuuucccccckkkkkk Land Rover dealers.

Well I got it back today. Warranty covered everything but the end links but covered the end link bushing??? Makes no sense.

They ended up charging me $184 extra for “programming the TPMS” even though the TPMS is covered under my warranty. I didn’t really care because I was sick of seeing the TPMS. What a surprise when 10 miles later the TPMS flashed on and now hasn’t turned off.

In addition to the tpms not being fixed and paying $184 to nothing I also got a nice big door ding and my truck wasn’t even washed. In fact the low fuel light was on and the work order showed they went on a 50 mile road test. I definitely remember having more than half a tank. Some bozo probably burned through half a tank real quick after hearing the exhaust?? Who knows??

This is why I hate the dealer. Now I’ll have to bring it back for them to fix the tpms which who knows how long it will take.

The best part was when I asked about the ticking the tech and SA said oh that’s normal as these engines age. Lmao

·
Registered
491 Posts
eBay has gently used headlights for 150 each, just bite the bullet. Going back to the dealer is a death wish. Amazon and eBay and tire rack has a set of 5 tpms under 200 bucks, again just bite the bullet, unless you want additional body damage?

And the left headlight has tons of moisture in it.

totally speechless

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the brand and I love the trucks and will always have one in the stable but I can't help but feel disappointed with the service department. In general I usually avoid the service center unless its a warranty issue.... only then do I reluctantly take the truck to the dealer.

I dropped off my truck a week and half ago with a detailed list of what needed to be looked at, what needed fixing, etc.

To this day I have had no update from the dealer. I have called, texted, left 2 voicemails. I just looked online and see that they are closed until Monday now because of the holiday.

They gave me a Velar where the heat doesn't work 50% of the time due to the frozen bottom touch screen.

I have given a bunch of different dealers a few chances but overall my experience has been beyond disappointing at all of them. And I live in NYC which has its fair share of JLR dealers within the radius.

Can't wait to be back in my truck.
I haven't had luck with a decent LR dealer since I got my car in August. JLR Huntington where I got the car, constantly has 3+ week wait for service with a loaner. JLR Larchmont/New Rochelle, which is the closest to me, is just horrible overall. They booked my appointment on 2 occasions for the wrong date. I work in Central NJ fairly often, and tried to get service with a loaner out of Edison and Ray Catena JLR refused me a loaner b/c I didn't buy the car from them.

JLR White Plains has been decent for parts as I picked up something there, and the dealership looks nice, but I haven't tried their service department.

The other irritating part is the fact that all of the dealers require this stupid diag fee up front since I have a 3rd party warranty. The warranty has been great in covering everything I've had looked at, but I don't understand why you need me to come out of pocket first, if you have my car, so it's not like I can walk off with the car.

I got a 3rd party warranty that has been excellent in covering issues,

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I used Huntington my warranty covered everything but the tpms because Huntington failed to diagnose it and communicate it to them.

Huntington charged me and said they fixed my tpms when they did not.

The Land Rover in white plains Is the most expensive place to buy any parts. Do not buy anything from them and their service and building seems fake like the Apple store in manhattan. I would never go there for any service. They ripped me off a bunch of times on oil filters.

Have You thought of using the mt kisco dealer? I wasn’t impressed by their sales but never tried their service.

Believe it or not Mohegan lake Audi is the best Audi service in the whole area (NY/NJ). I’m thinking maybe the small suburb town and small traffic meanS better service

on extended warranty I don’t have to pay the diag fee up front.

what has your warranty covered so far what was cost

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
eBay has gently used headlights for 150 each, just bite the bullet. Going back to the dealer is a death wish. Amazon and eBay and tire rack has a set of 5 tpms under 200 bucks, again just bite the bullet, unless you want additional body damage?
That’s what I’m going to end up doing. I’m going to do the blackout like I told you about. I actually saw a place by you RDBLA when I was in Los Angeles last week do it to a bunch of l405s looks SICK.

The service director was supposed to reach out to me been over a week and nothing.

I think dealers in NYC and places like SoCal don’t care because there is so much wealth in the area there will always be people. New England dealers are more enthusiast orientated. They actually know these trucks. Down south and pretty much everywhere else people are much nicer so service is usually OK.

Dealers in NYC and SoCal don’t know anything. The service advisors are a embarrassment and they literally hire anyone to do that role. I’m in the automotive industry and never understood why you would want people that don’t have a clue about cars working for you? This goes for salespeople too saying incorrect information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think dealers in NYC and places like SoCal don’t care because there is so much wealth in the area there will always be people. New England dealers are more enthusiast orientated. They actually know these trucks. Down south and pretty much everywhere else people are much nicer so service is usually OK.

Dealers in NYC and SoCal don’t know anything. The service advisors are a embarrassment and they literally hire anyone to do that role. I’m in the automotive industry and never understood why you would want people that don’t have a clue about cars working for you? This goes for salespeople too saying incorrect information.

This is so true! I sometimes hate this about being in the NYC area, a lot of these high end places treat you like **** b/c they know there's so many other customers that they will be good regardless of the level of service they provide. You go into a small town in the middle of nowhere and they treat you like royalty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
what has your warranty covered so far what was cost
Warranty so far has covered my soft close doors malfunctioning. It was a $2,600 repair for all 4 doors. My car is currently in for a dead Alternator and the service advisor just called me that the car needs the water pump done and the flanges. I wasn't paying too much attention when they called me as I was in the middle of going through TSA at LGA, so I have to double checked what it is that they are saying the car needs now. They are waiting for the warranty to authorize the repair so I'll let you know how much that comes out to.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Went to my local guy for oil change and the CV boot is leaking spilling grease.

he without a doubt agrees it happened when they did the arm bushings

Unbelievable you’d probably get better service at jiffy lube

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Dropped the truck off again Saturday they promised everything will be 100%

they gave me the new Evoque this time it’s a cool little truck

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
My CV joint failed on my last Sport at 60k miles, the boot that is. They replaced it under warranty.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts