RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the brand and I love the trucks and will always have one in the stable but I can't help but feel disappointed with the service department. In general I usually avoid the service center unless its a warranty issue.... only then do I reluctantly take the truck to the dealer.

I dropped off my truck a week and half ago with a detailed list of what needed to be looked at, what needed fixing, etc.

To this day I have had no update from the dealer. I have called, texted, left 2 voicemails. I just looked online and see that they are closed until Monday now because of the holiday.

They gave me a Velar where the heat doesn't work 50% of the time due to the frozen bottom touch screen.

I have given a bunch of different dealers a few chances but overall my experience has been beyond disappointing at all of them. And I live in NYC which has its fair share of JLR dealers within the radius.

Can't wait to be back in my truck.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I've had experiences with two dealers in different states as I moved last year.

My experience in general has been it's usually a week to get into for regular service and any non-service work can take multiple weeks to get an appointment.

What's annoying to me is that the dealer here wants to charge me a diagnostic fee to look at certain issues, and if the warranty covers it, the diagnostic fee is returned, and if the warranty does not cover it, I get charged just for looking.

Otherwise they are pretty good with arranging loaners but yes communication is poor, both with sales and service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in Brooklyn and use LR of Parsippany for any warranty issues. Never had any problems with them. My SA always calls me with updates. I used LR of Manhattan and Glen Cove before, but both of them failed the test.

·
Registered
491 Posts
90% of dealers suck. They underpay techs, short staffed overwhelmed and horrible service. I would find an Indy and just bite the bullet unless the repair is over 500.00 I’m in LA every dealer is 3-4 weeks backed up, and that’s after you drop off the vehicle to get it in the que, plus misdiagnosing it and ****ing up the repairs. The trucks are great, but the service is 3rd world.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Did you hear, JLR is going bankrupt and laying off 10k employees in Solihull. So that means everything in the states sucks ass.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
My dealer is great. They keep all my Land Rovers in order. The service techs are always helpful. I can have my car seen within a couple of days, or drop it off the same day and get a loaner or a ride home.
Treat them good, they will treat you good.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gotta what city are you in?

·
Registered
491 Posts
i meant Totya not gotta

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got an update yesterday finally. The update was just the diagnosis and now they are going to order the parts and its going to be 1-2 weeks before it will be ready. Unbelievable.

No wonder they have a hertz on site since they run out of loaners so quick.

These JLR dealers don't even have any snacks or even a free soda while waiting. They have a soda and candy machine that you have to pay for. I went to Honda yesterday they had free lunch and drinks for customers.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a Evoque from Hanover. They seemed much different than the normal JLR dealers here in nYC/NJ. Even CT has the same vibe as NYC.

I heard the ones up in NH and RI are much better.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Lol, Totya, let’s see:

1. Santa Monica Land Rover is down 10 techs and backed up 3 weeks. Going thru a remodel too. Horrible.
2. Pasadena Land Rover is 1 month out and damaged my wife’s car on the lot plus didn’t fix the same problem after 4 attempts.
3. South Bay Land Rover is 3-4 weeks out and lied about my oil change but charged me 290.00 for it.
4. Cerritos Land Rover is 45 days out and out of loaner cars.
5. Encino took a month to fix my steering wheel control button and almost bricked the car.

I haven’t been to Hollywood Land Rover but traffic is a nightmare to get there.

I love the cars, but motherfuuucking fuuuuuuuck Land Rover Range Rover service “May Your First Day In Hell Last 10,000 Years And May It Be Your Shortest!”

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Thousand Oaks LR and I live in Hollywood! They are great because they will come and pick up your car at your house, drop off the loaner, and return the car to your house and drive the loaner back to Thousand Oaks. So basically I have never actually been out to that dealer, and yes the order parts and service que times are similar at all dealers in the area but who cares bc Im driving a nice new Jag loaner while I wait so I don't really care how long it takes but in any event the process is pretty effortless. Give them a try for your LR RR warranty service.

Best

Lol, Totya, let’s see:

1. Santa Monica Land Rover is down 10 techs and backed up 3 weeks. Going thru a remodel too. Horrible.
2. Pasadena Land Rover is 1 month out and damaged my wife’s car on the lot plus didn’t fix the same problem after 4 attempts.
3. South Bay Land Rover is 3-4 weeks out and lied about my oil change but charged me 290.00 for it.
4. Cerritos Land Rover is 45 days out and out of loaner cars.
5. Encino took a month to fix my steering wheel control button and almost bricked the car.

I haven’t been to Hollywood Land Rover but traffic is a nightmare to get there.

I love the cars, but motherfuuucking fuuuuuuuck Land Rover Range Rover service “May Your First Day In Hell Last 10,000 Years And May It Be Your Shortest!”

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love the brand and I love the trucks and will always have one in the stable but I can't help but feel disappointed with the service department. In general I usually avoid the service center unless its a warranty issue.... only then do I reluctantly take the truck to the dealer.

I dropped off my truck a week and half ago with a detailed list of what needed to be looked at, what needed fixing, etc.

To this day I have had no update from the dealer. I have called, texted, left 2 voicemails. I just looked online and see that they are closed until Monday now because of the holiday.

They gave me a Velar where the heat doesn't work 50% of the time due to the frozen bottom touch screen.

I have given a bunch of different dealers a few chances but overall my experience has been beyond disappointing at all of them. And I live in NYC which has its fair share of JLR dealers within the radius.

Can't wait to be back in my truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2017 RRS is at Manhattan LR right now for a recall / update on infoentertainment center. The service department is HORRIBLE. The service department at Paramus, NJ was terrible as well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My dealership experience was great with my first two service advisors then I had a horrible experience with a new service advisor with a major attitude. After waiting three weeks to get in and being reserved a loaner I showed up and no loaner was reserved, she had major attitude toward me and tried to charge me $580 just to look at it when its under warranty... Thankfully I knew the right people (owners of the dealership) and they set things right and that advisor was fired. Now I have the service managers direct line and he set me up with my advisor now who has been amazing. Recently my L322 was in for 9 weeks getting the dreaded timing chain job completed which she kept me updated on constantly. She fit me in with a days notice and got me a loaner. When picking my vehicle up another service advisor looked at me and said "of course we take care of you, you know the right people". This really rubbed me the wrong way as it shouldn't have to be up to who you know to get good service.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
LR Lake Bluff is great.
They will come pick up my car from my house and drop a loaner off. Usually a Disco 5 or Disco Sport. I req the D5..
Service is usually within a day or two. Repairs depends on how long parts come in.
There is one adviser that doesn't like me. Maybe because I'm a younger guy who shouldn't have the cars I do. Sorry buddy. I don't feel sorry for you. Had that issue at MB too, I'll never own another MB.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Going on almost a month and still not done. Was told a week and half ago that they are going to order parts and it should have been done a week ago.

Until this year many dealers refused loaners to me because I was under 25. I feel like they made up the 25 age anyway because hertz and any car rental never had issues. Only if under 21 iirc. BMW was giving me loaners since I was 18.

Those older salespeople also have lost many sales with me because they think I’m just wasting their time. The look is priceless when they see its an actual sale and deal. But by then it’s usually too late and the newest (usually youngest) salesguy is already taking home that commission.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
You've got my issues! Knauz Service is 21. After that, I have the dealer pick up my car and drop it off. It's Knauz Autopark, so LR, MB, BMW, and WAS Mini.

I walked into MB of Northfield today after work to look at the new G-Wagon. I can guarantee the guy wouldn't have tossed the keys over if I hadn't A. been in a new Panamera, and B. wasn't wearing a..notable brand of watch.

Unfortunately I look 18-20 though I'm older..and look homeless with any sort of beard (though I do look older!). Cheers to being a second generation Russian.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts