RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with my 06 l322 Range Rover. I already installed Johnson rods for 2” lift but notice this pointy piece of suspension component and the cylinder itself of front suspension strut which would appear to prohibit larger tires. Any tips?

Attachments

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,148 Posts
Tjat part of the strut doesn't move inrelation to the wheel and tire, as long as it clears when you bolt the tire up you're good to go. As you go up in tire width you need to offset the difference with either increased backspacing (to push the wheel out) or spacers. I've got 275 55 20's on my 06 on stock 2018 RR rims and they are fine. The rims themselves have about 5 or so mm more backspacing than stock 06 19" rims.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
I have a 2004 L322 and I am running 275-65/18’s and I don’t think you can go much bigger without wheel spacers (which I can’t recommend )
The good part is that pointy thing and cylinder move with the tire so if they don’t hit when you mount up the tire they never will.
My tires clear it by maybe 3/8 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's an easy one. The pointy little thing is attached to the bottom part of the strut so when the tire moves up, that moves with it. The distance between that point and the tire will never change so if it clears now, it will always clear.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,944 Posts
that pin can be broken off,
the lower strut wont change position with the tire but it is a close fit
you could get some Sport wheels,
they have a different offset to move the wheel out from the chassis

·
Registered
59 Posts
As others have said, this part of the suspension moves with the wheel and shouldn’t interfere any more than when you fitted the wheel. On my car it did interfere and I have cut the point off. I run 285/50R20 tyres on standard 07 20” rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts