RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several months ago I thought I found a post with directions on repairing the arm rests. Was I dreaming? Is there a reasonable method to do this or just replace the panel?

TIA,

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm guessing, you mean the droopy plastic armrest/handle on the door?

I was messing with mine yesterday to see about changing it to a dark, contrasting leather. RAVE has nothing, since the dealer answer is "replace the whole panel." I don't see any reason you couldn't do otherwise, but the part might not be available.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I too would like more information on this. I know it can be done because a dealer that specializes in Land Rovers when I lived in KS had a few on the lot with an interesting fix on the door armrests. It appeared they had been either covered or RE-covered with some kind of leather or vinyl that had stitching running through the middle (on the side part) of the arm-rest. All in all it looked very good and maybe even better than stock.

This arm-rest thing is a b****h too because you're essentially ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't. If you rest yourself on the arm-rest to get out it will crumple over time, but if you avoid doing so and slide out, you place more of your weight on the plastic side panel of the seat, which then cracks. It's kind of a catch-22, so just putting on another similar door panel isn't really the optimal solution. Fortunately all my other ones are mint or near mint and the driver's one isn't too bad yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts