RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a 2000 p38 SE for my first car and the person who gave it to me took out the air suspension and put springs in so now the “slow 35mph max” message is on the message board so I cannot see and information that is usually displayed there and the awful beeping never stops until I start moving so is there a way to remove this error without going to a mechanic/dealership?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
Yes there is. You need to take off the plug on the air suspension ECU and make 2 bridges.
One from 1 (supply) to 25
The other from 7 (signal) to 18 (earth)

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes there is. You need to take off the plug on the air suspension ECU and make 2 bridges.
One from 1 (supply) to 25
The other from 7 (signal) to 18 (earth)

Okay what would I use to bridge those together? I’m new to doing all of this and I don’t want to screw anything up that could cause something important to fail

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Okay what would I use to bridge those together? I’m new to doing all of this and I don’t want to screw anything up that could cause something important to fail
Wire.

Would recommend a stiff type about .5 mm in thickness

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
341 Posts
Google. EAS override Module. For about $50 on eBay. Plug and play.
Easiest way.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
50 dollars are z lot harder two earn than 2 wires
Google. EAS override Module. For about $50 on eBay. Plug and play.
Easiest way.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Search this site, instructions on using wire jumpers. If you know the previous owner, you could ask if these still have the air springs, put them back on, and fix whatever the EAS issue is. People can be quick to yank them out for relatively basic and cheap issues to fix. If you can do your own work, its worth it to keep the EAS.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
222 Posts
Would the part you’re talking about happen to be by RimmerBros?
Rimmers do make one, but the wire jumpers are the same effect without the expense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts