Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Please help How do i remove scratches from the black pia

Sorry for my bad English, I mean My RRS *has* so many scratches on the black piano veneer and I want to remove them. does anyone know how?

*Thanks*

·
Registered
283 Posts

I have the same issue. I just bought a dremel with polishing pads so I'm going to do a little experimenting, I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
92 Posts

It's ridiculous how easy the black veneer scratches, I have been very careful and mines is visibly scratched, spoils the look of the interior. I have seen various fixes and even looked at replacing it. I will try using scratch x, just been a little scared of making it worse!

·
Registered
183 Posts

It is not just the black that scratches so easily - I have the Grey Oak and have mucho scratches as well. Would love to know a fix as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I took mine to several detilers who recommended a hard coat sealer on top. Have to use something glossy so the look does not change. They all told me the problem is the wood itself is very nice quality so it is soft and scratches easy. I ended up using cquartz on everything in the center collumn and dash as that is the heavy traffic area. So far so good. Looks great and can't tell it is on. Have to do a huge buff out of the area before apply it to get rid of scratches (same concept with the paint coating). Definitely reduces scratches. Doesn't eliminate them but at least I know it is not on the wood and can buff most of them out. I still try and be careful with keys and other things but a lot more comfortable knowing the coating is there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

the cup holder slider thing pops out, and I took it to my hardware store they said the piano black is actually plastic on top of wood?

·
Registered
274 Posts

To a point, it can be polished just like paint. If you aren't daring enough, get a detailer to polish out the scratches, verify with a light, and then have them apply Opti-Coat or something similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

i guess i could do that too. Also the dash pack would cheapen the interior so I don't know. I tried scratch doctor, meguiars compound, i just dont know what to do.

·
Registered
159 Posts

i guess i could do that too. Also the dash pack would cheapen the interior so I don't know. I tried scratch doctor, meguiars compound, i just dont know what to do.
You need to apply something with a harder coating like a Cquartz or Beasleys. Same as paint protectant. The opti coat would work but I am "told" it is not as glossy and won't match the current high gloss level on the wood. Same with a plastic coating. I have only seen results from Cquartz and can't tell it is on.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Does the cquartz remove the scratches and swirl marks ?
No. It might help to fill in some of the scratches but need to spend time before buffing the hell out of it first as you are going to seal it with the Cquartz. yhen you can buff over the cquartz occasionally and remove future top scratches.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts

You should be able to get the light scratches out with a paint polish. The pieces are clear coated, so my suggestion is to get a good foam pad (like the one that comes with a wax kit) along with some top quality ( 3M, Menzerna, etc) swirl remover.

One that I KNOW will remove your scratches is Menzerna PF3800. If you go to Autogeek, you will see that they conveniently list each polish along with its "cut" strength. On the black piano finish, you only need a low cut rate to remove the scratches. PF3500, PF3800 will do the trick.

·
Registered
263 Posts

Sorry for my bad English, I mean My RRS *has* so many scratches on the black piano veneer and I want to remove them. does anyone know how?

*Thanks*
Try this. Correctly applied I've found it works wonders on scratches on plastic and paint. Bumper Automotive exterior Tire Automotive tire Auto part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
283 Posts

do u think I should take it back to RR and ask them to do it or replace it ?
I highly doubt LR would replace it. The Piano black interior is a real shame, exorbitantly priced for a very low quality product. I used a little polish on mine this weekend with a hand rag. Helped restore a little gloss but will need something heavier. Going to try to get a heavier duty polish and buff it with my dremel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

have you tried it on the grand piano veneer , I'm on the edge of buying it and i would like to find out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.