RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Removed front right wheel and put car on jack stand. Set setting to high and the car completed raised without the right air spring leaking, however once I took car off jack stand , the right air spring leaked all of its air and the car leaned to right front side.

On to replacing the front right air spring and this time I know exactly how to do the repair.

Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Was your struts bolts seized? Mine our.. was able to get the top bolt out, but not the bottom... ordered an air hammer. So once I get the bottom strut bolt out. I could try Rovah's method to get axle back in.
I replaced the two front bearings on the ‘06 last weekend and the left bottom bolt of the yoke/strut old not budge. It laughed at one of the best air hammers on the market.

I finally got it to move with heat and a six foot pry bar, moving the bolt both ways until it budged (put a marker on it, so you know if you’re making progress). It took several hours but I finally worked it free. I did ruin the outer CV boot with the torch, as I didn’t use a welding blanket to prevent it from melting. I’ll be replacing it this afternoon, as the Beck Arnely boot just arrived.

I used a brass 3 lb hammer on the end of the shaft end to put it back into the differential - a couple good blows will do it. I did it with the shaft out of the yoke. You need a tool to push the shaft out from the hub in the yoke. Then you have to put the shaft back into the hub. That makes putting the axle into the diff look like a walk in the park, but that too is accomplished with a hammer on the hub, but not directly striking the hub, I hit the axle removal tool with a sacrificial 5/8-18 grade 8 bolt inserted, instead of the tool’s bolt.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
5 Participants
Wayne Tj
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing