RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

06 SC, when changing the oil, how do I stop it from spraying all over the subframe? should I jack one side of the truck up? anyone have any tips?

thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
spraying? Never seen oil spray duiring an oil change. it will shoot out a bit, but that should be straight to downward. Shouldn't hit the frame. but they do have pumps with tubes that would allow you to suck the oil out thru the dip stick tube.

·
Registered
249 Posts
get a high drain pan and tuck it right up against the oil pan leaving just enough room to sneak your hand in there to undo that last few treads. there is no magic tool.

The oil when hot and thin does blast out of the oil pan... I had quite a mess the first time I drained the oil on the RR, I was cleaning oil out of the passenger side front wheel.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I personally just have a wide pan which I place underneath... depending on how hot the oil is it may squirt out up to 12 inches or so before getting sucked down by gravity. As it empties out it the distance gets shorter. As long as you have a pan which is a couple feet wide it shouldn't be a problem. Once complete, I just slowly pour it out the corner of the pan through a funnel into a container of some sort.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Whoa that drain plug thing is cool! I don't have any spilling issues, but I'm going to fit one of those anyway... Thanks for the post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts