RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My Range Rover will not start, cranks OK. Did some research and found a video on YouTube which helped troubleshoot issue. I pulled the Fuel Pump Relay in back panel and jumped the hot lead to the top pin.. Listened for fuel pump above back passenger seat , no noise. So I ordered a new fuel pump. Removed carpet, access panels. Reached in left access door and dislodged Fuel sender, it as a spring loaded mechanism to hold it in place within tank. Reached in right access door and pushed down on the spring loaded fuel pump mechanism but not able to dislodge it. I felt I was close but after 5 attempts no success. Is something else attached? Looked at my new pump and I don't see anything that attaches it. I tried pushing down and pulling forward. Must be a certain way the pump comes free. Looking for help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
hard to explain but it is pressed down by springs, those springs fall in place on a channel at the top of the tank...it is a two pump saddle set up, left side pump sneaks out very tight over the drive shaft tunnel.
both pumps come out thru right side...again very tight, you will get elbow deep in fuel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
No nothing else is holding it just push down the spring and pull on it from the back of the pump it will make it easier to take out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I was able to get it out. I just needed to pull it forward as I compressed the springs. The bad news is.. jumping the fuel relay per YouTube video did not work. Before installing my new fuel pump, I decided I would plug my new fuel pump into fuel sender unit and jump fuel relay, nothing. so I put fuel relay back in and started car... The fuel pump started. same test with original fuel pump and it started... so it wasn't the fuel pump... so I reinstalled my original fuel pump back into the car. I than proceeded to start the car.... and... guess what, the car started...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts