RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '89 RRC won't start hot. After I wait 30 minutes, it will finally fire over. I'm thinking I may have a faulty injector, causing it to flood. Can someone tell me where to check the fuel on the fuel rail? I heard its a shrader valve somewhere. I can't find this info in the Rave. Also, where else can I look for fuel problems within the system?

·
Registered
150 Posts
BrokenWallet, I have read your other posts regarding the no start issue when hot. My no start issue is hot, cold, very random. I curretnly have it in the shop (due back tomorrow) to have an indy look at it. He spotted a few things that were repaired. However, he could not replicate the no start issue. One thing he did tell me was when you have the no start issue - turn the key on (not start) three times in sucession. THen see if it will start. I have not discussed this with him in depth. However, I think he is thinking fuel pump and that by 3 times turning in will prime the fuel line??? The pumps are a weakness in the Rover. When I get mine back and have a chance to visit with him in depth I will report back. That should be tomorrow as I am leaving for the coast for a weekend of fishing and 4 wheeling.

Good luck. Give the 3 ignition on trick a try and see what happens. I will report back hopefully tomorrow.

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

·
Registered
94 Posts
BrokenWallet said:
Can someone tell me where to check the fuel on the fuel rail?
You can't. The manual says to measure fuel pressure at the filter outlet. I made a fitting to replace the filter, so I could measure when running. I found a Tee to fit the gage, then a swivel fitting at each end to fit the fuel lines. Whole thing came out almost exactly the length of the filter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE -- I am now smelling fuel upon startup. My windows were rolled up before, which is why I probably didn't notice it. I am 95% sure the problem is flooding now. So... what would cause flooding after the vehicle has shut off? Leaky injectors? Aside from a popping in the exhaust after it finally fires up, it takes a few minutes before it idles correctly, as if excess fuel is being burned out of the fuel bowl. Thoughts??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts